What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paulaner Lager. Ahhh. I love beer. 🤣 :mug:

Paulaner_Lager.jpg

I think this is actually the first time Ive ever had a doppelbock. Really love the rich maltiness. Get a little note of coffee and perhaps maybe even a little black licorice (that descriptor isn't in its profile though lol). Think I could definitely get into this style although this seems to be a little sweet as the glass is now half empty lol. Like it though. Need to seek out other examples of this style.

IMG_1439.jpg

I think this is actually the first time Ive ever had a doppelbock. Really love the rich maltiness. Get a little note of coffee and perhaps maybe even a little black licorice (that descriptor isn't in its profile though lol). Think I could definitely get into this style although this seems to be a little sweet as the glass is now half empty lol. Like it though. Need to seek out other examples of this style.

View attachment 749121
Oh jeezus! That's a good beer to start off for a Doppelbock.

Sour from @pshankstar Peach!
imgly_522964817401916685.jpg
IMG_20211115_200440.jpg

@buckinin @ThirstyPawsHB oddly I was at a packy that had a grodzisk named Polish AF. It was 2.8%. made me think it wasn't stating low abv but thought and googled it's in the normal range for that style. It's a smoked wheat. Found this article on BYO.

Thanks for that. Live Oak makes one 3%, solid.
Tasty NA
16370278852887818895409071698811.jpg

So, I’m not feeling well, and sitting under my awesome beer quilt, sipping a little whisky. My wife is a quilter and she made this for me a couple of years ago. It’s oversized, about 5’x7’.
C83C85CF-AC4C-418B-9189-32603221D5E6.jpeg

Quilters name their creations and attach a label on the back.
8AD42404-1018-4480-B343-FF745EE9B6B3.jpeg

One of my favorite things.

Having a cold-crashed sample of my Ale of Åsgard, for scientific purposes, of course. Down to 1.016 already, from approx. 1.095! Never did reach the post-boil gravity I wanted, but still amazed at the power of the mighty Loki yeast! Very clean, the maïze gives it a unique flavour and the opacity is right on track. Can't wait for this one to be finished. :)

Asgard_sample.jpg

Latest posts

Back