What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first of these. A good beer for while cooking.

20210911_184211.jpg

Gorgeous label! Really nicely done!

As a rule, I only give likes to homebrewed beverages on this thread--yeah, it's kind of an A-hole move, but I'm really serious about the brewing the beer you drink thing.

I initially saw your "HB" and automatically started mousing for the like, but then saw the label and suffered a brief period of brain-lock.

That's a really good label. Really good.

Gorgeous label! Really nicely done!

As a rule, I only give likes to homebrewed beverages on this thread--yeah, it's kind of an A-hole move, but I'm really serious about the brewing the beer you drink thing.

I initially saw your "HB" and automatically started mousing for the like, but then saw the label and suffered a brief period of brain-lock.

That's a really good label. Really good.

blushing. I cheat though as I use the same base for all of my labels pretty much.

I absolutely love Curmudgean's Better Half BBA Old Ale. Never had just Curmudgeans though. Would be great to try them side by side.

A perfect example of Founders selling out. That was a staple of their lineup as they were finding their footing and a few years back they dropped it from the rotation, right around the time the BBA version came out

HB Enigma Nelson Blonde
FD4889CF-7387-4263-9D0C-61C85579FA40.jpeg

C06ED3E6-EB35-4870-89E2-1617D6074DDC.jpeg
6AC20096-25F7-40EE-B677-0B327500EA1D.jpeg
A29EB1FB-F11C-4C75-9D56-36743F684481.jpeg
These were all from @jerbrew via the latest round of FotD. Making up for none last night (Friday evening) since I was knocked out for the day. Woke up to a bad allergic reaction from allergy shots from Thursday afternoon. My right arm was swollen really bad and I didn’t feel right. First time keeping the epi-pen by my side all day & was told by the doctor to take Benadryl like candy all day. So I did & slept on and off all day. Feeling better today, swelling is down but not gone, hopefully tomorrow it’s gone for good.

Clearly, there's a story behind this terrible turn of events...
Visiting friends in Small-town, Nevada. Went to town central for a benefit/picnic with a live band. A few beers, followed by shots of JD with the band. Someone handed me the Budweiser and I took a picture of it and gave it to the folks sitting in the background of the pic. The last Bud I drank was in 1975. I'm still not ready for that next one.

Making up for none last night (Friday evening) since I was knocked out for the day. Woke up to a bad allergic reaction from allergy shots from Thursday afternoon. My right arm was swollen really bad and I didn’t feel right. First time keeping the epi-pen by my side all day & was told by the doctor to take Benadryl like candy all day. So I did & slept on and off all day. Feeling better today, swelling is down but not gone, hopefully tomorrow it’s gone for good.

I can relate, I love knowing what I'm allergic to, but it's a pain, especially during these difficult times. Just did another round this past week to be safe. I love horses, and usually they love me, but if I get into a situation where there is a lot of dander, or 'horse-clothing', it hits me. I seem to be growing out of it, so the 'Benadryl trip' can be a regular. Used to carry an EpiPen..but it's getting easier. "I'm creating my own antibodies for 'mass-immunity'"....sigh. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the Histamine response doesn't get you too bad @pshankstar , liquids, citrus and rest. Allergies are weird, they go in cycles for me.

Latest posts

Back