What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Weekend! Brewing tomorrow, so it’s an early night tonight.

When you head to one of your fav packys to pick up a hot sauce made by a local whiskey blender and find one of your fav small nanos is distro'ing to your area, you have to support local. B&F helles lager

View attachment 740487View attachment 740488View attachment 740490

And then when you stop for gas next to an offshoot fav packy just to see if there's anything interesting. So much for not spending money today but not bad for $100. Not the first time I wiped off their shelves. I should start a thread How's Your Stash
View attachment 740491View attachment 740492View attachment 740493
Those prices are awesome !!!

J*sus Chr*st! WTF is that?

It’s been taking up space in the back of the fridge for a couple years, so long that they changed the brewery name since I bought this. Figured it was time. Not really a fan of BA beers so I usually age them to mellow them out. This one is very boozy and heavy bourbon.

Overall not bad. Their only about 30 minutes from me. I enjoy their IPAs.

HB Centennial. Watching the wife build IKEA stuff for the boys room at home. I put to much crap like that together this pastView attachment 740503 weekend at Sunday River I’m taking a hard pass tonight

wife is also IKEA’ing

HB ESB that became an English IPA somehow

0F2F3A00-01D2-4A6A-B39B-C7261368C1AE.jpeg

some other nice beers. The West Oast Pilsner is particularly nice.

5AD93ACD-2C1E-429D-9138-DD3A0A333896.jpeg
185C9147-DFF8-46E3-8EC7-ED448861C216.jpeg

First time having this one. Not a big fan. I have 23 more to drink. Maybe 3 in a row will help it taste better.

View attachment 740509
Surprising. I have not had their Oktoberfest either but love all their brews. It's the German brewing company I first had 40 moons ago as a young soldier in Germany. Opened my eyes to the world of real beer forever destroying the myth I was taught and believed that Strohs and Moosehead were the very definition of world class beer. Oh ignorant youth be not proud !

82F outside (Fortunately the smoke has kinda blown away now so it's tolerable)
Damn near naked (me - it's toasty)
Pretty sure the people across the lake could see me (Fook it)
Oh, and I hear fish jumping (need a pole)
OT: Something with blackberries (? I dunno - it's dark, and my night vision is meh)
PXL_20210828_042954414.NIGHT.jpg

Oh, and this with dinner - found a really nice little Italian place where you are NOT family, but it feels like your mama mia is cooking in the kitchen (really good)
PXL_20210828_021612701.jpg

On tap currently I have what has become more or less my standard brew, based on economy almost as much as taste and feel. 10lb Viking 2-row pale, 1lb 350 chocolate, a big cannister Quaker quick oats, a pound and a half cannister of Quaker quick grits, an ounce of Helga hops boiled 1 hour. Head is awesome even with only 3-4lb CO2, very creamy and silky, good solid liquid bread taste that I like, very filling, definite alcohol presence, around 8% or a hair less. I have a glass every night with supper. Still figuring out what yeast I like and since I lose track of what yeast with what batch most of the time, that might take a while, but I think this is my first BE-134 batch.

We just bought a new house and moving in is gonna take a while, and I only have one kegerator so I may bottle this next batch to keep in the fridge in the new house. Mrs. Monster arched her eyebrows on the idea of buying a second kegerator though honestly I really ought to have two of them.

1 week carbonation test on my German Wheat. The head lasted for more than 15 seconds. Best head (just let it go) retention I have had to date.
IMG_20210828_151450154.jpg

10 minutes later it was still bubbling away.

Attachments

• IMG_20210828_151450154.jpg
    IMG_20210828_151450154.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back