What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BF435273-9118-4A3D-90C6-1B414F297F5B.jpeg

Worst keg transfer to date with SS Brewbucket. Leaky gasket at the ball valve is the weak point of the design. I switched to a Speidel fermenter 4 yrs ago bc of this but just started using SS Brewbucket when I upsized my brew system. This time I was just fermenting a cider. I think I’m going to a 2nd Speidel after this debacle. I also have some extra kegs I can ferment in too. Lots of pros/cons to think about.
I’m hoping I didn’t oxidize the crap out of this cider.
3CC94383-107C-4F44-9125-38EB038A9C7A.jpeg

Blue Owl, kettle sours, is a stone throw away from Live Oak. I assume you'll hit Jester King also?

Small sample of breweries just a couple miles from Live Oak...

This is a beer sampling trip, and main reason for the Austin part of our trip is Jester King. Blue Owl, Lazarus, and Live Oak are also on our list. We are there for 3-1/2 days so we can probably fit a few more in if you or anyone else has some suggestions.

This is a beer sampling trip, and main reason for the Austin part of our trip is Jester King. Blue Owl, Lazarus, and Live Oak are also on our list. We are there for 3-1/2 days so we can probably fit a few more in if you or anyone else has some suggestions.

Meanwhile is pretty new but nice/large outdoor venue and decent IPAs and other styles. Southern Heights (a bit north) has some decent IPAs also but Pinthouse is the star here in town. There are several breweries out by Jester King, southwest/Dripping Springs area, but hard to recommend any for their beers.

0DA6C599-40E0-4C54-B5B7-08010ABC367C.jpeg
Hiked up “Big Slide” today with the family and friends. My first of the 46 high peaks (our girls too) but my wife’s and her best friends 15th. I had to carry a special beer to enjoy from up top!
Just over 8.5 miles up and back and 4300+ feet elevation too. I’m exhausted!

Pernicious was probably the first IPA I truly loved. I haven’t had it in years so I don’t know if the quality is what it was, but I remember it being actually pretty good
It was much better than their 5 Stripes. Guess I was just expecting to be blown away by WW after the hype (which may have been pre-being bought). Had the Basement IPA from Scofflaw from here in ATL and that is much better, IMHO.

Meanwhile is pretty new but nice/large outdoor venue and decent IPAs and other styles. Southern Heights (a bit north) has some decent IPAs also but Pinthouse is the star here in town. There are several breweries out by Jester King, southwest/Dripping Springs area, but hard to recommend any for their beers.

Thanks so much for the information. We will add them to the list.

Back