What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Father's day activities. Hard lemonade, hb Red and now this, Bud.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200620163941724_COVER.jpg

Picked this one up nearly a year ago, canned 7/3/19. Proves Tree House is more than just excellent IPA's. This is a really good milk stout, lactose sweet, with a nice chocolate taste.

View attachment 685864

They make great stouts. One of the few breweries that I'll pick a lacto. If you ever visit the brewery when it opens again, try their "one off" stouts on draft. They'll take a regular stout and up adjuncts Even more incredible. Then choose an IPA :)

Last edited:
I made some Tepache with just pineapple, piloncillo sugar and small amount of water;
No yeast added, wild ferment for five days, then "blended in the glass" with about 2/3 hard cider from last season. Not bad, somewhat funky, but interesting and I think I'll do it again.
Already started a Tepache "solara" by adding about 1 cup of frozen pineapple and 1 cup piloncillo sugar/water mixture that wouldn't fit in the first batch and I kept in the freezer. After this run, I'm going to add some canned pineapple juice to the jar and see what happens.

A bit off-topic, @PianoMan but what is this amazing space game you're playing? Looks like a great way to escape the sham drudgery of Earth every so often!

You are correct. This is Elite Dangerous with the Horizons upgrade. Got it in 2015 and primarily an Explorer. Got back into it for obvious reasons. It has 400,000,000 systems mapped ready to explore. There's also fighting/trading. They're coming out with a Legs upgrade in 2021....FPS?? Youtube it. Zillions of videos. Its a beautiful game for sure.

Retail (not good) and HB Quad
IMG_20200620_185255.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200620185936312_COVER.jpg

Cats love those dam soccer balls

Loves to play catch.

I made some Tepache with just pineapple, piloncillo sugar and small amount of water;
No yeast added, wild ferment for five days, then "blended in the glass" with about 2/3 hard cider from last season. Not bad, somewhat funky, but interesting and I think I'll do it again.
Already started a Tepache "solara" by adding about 1 cup of frozen pineapple and 1 cup piloncillo sugar/water mixture that wouldn't fit in the first batch and I kept in the freezer. After this run, I'm going to add some canned pineapple juice to the jar and see what happens.

My wife is gonna make a batch soon.

Thanks @PianoMan I'll be sure to check it out! *EDIT no Mac support anymore...sigh.

Trois Pistoles from Unibroue, in Quebec. It's an old favourite of mine, and at one time I had all their 'recommended' glasses for each style of beery goodness. I'm making do for my lack of a goblet-style glass with my old standby. :D

It's frothy like a Belgian, bit of a wine cask overtone and easy-drinking for how strong it is.

trois.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg

my daughter had a 10U softball doubleheader this morning. Not a cloud in the sky and the solstice so the sun was so hot! It was also a walk parade. First year the girls are pitching and not much control. My daughter has been enjoying it though!

Cool beer in the cold air conditioning now!

HB Porter from @CaddyWampus tonight after supper. Flavor is bold and up front. One of those beers that let's you know it's the boss. Chocolate and coffee with a vanilla finish maybe. Whatever it is it's good. Using it for medical purposes as the chicken and Mexican rice was a little spicy tonight.
91279679-D025-4C0C-801E-81398747EF59.jpeg

Back