What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Switching to water so I stay productive for now.

6B0760E9-765E-4C5E-8766-D0B3E596D53A.jpeg

Had coffee this morning. Have not been hitting the go juice with nowhere to go, but I miss it. I like coffee. Hey now, world, yahtzee! Here I am! I'm awake! Now what the #@&% am I supposed to do?

Had coffee this morning. Have not been hitting the go juice with nowhere to go, but I miss it. I like coffee. Hey now, world, yahtzee! Here I am! I'm awake! Now what the #@&% am I supposed to do?

Build something. Brew some beer. Organize a room in your house, or your garage. Be productive.
Even if I'm going to sloth all day, I could not imagine going without my coffee.
I have fond memories of mess deck coffee at 3 AM, with the dregs from a 50 gallon steam coffeepot.:coff3:

Pulled the camper around for spring check out and to give it a good washing. After washing I spotted what could have possibly been a water leak. I pulled the corrugated plastic cover off and it just turned out the insulation underneath was wet. I decided to pull it out and see if it will dry so I decided it’s time for a beer.

2B7240C9-F6AF-40C7-9B4A-499E0648363E.jpeg

Mikes Wicked Skull 3.jpg
Well - I tried my Mike's Wicked Ale last evening, and it is amazing. I am pretty hard on my brews, so this is unusual. I really like it. The bitterness was just right, prominent but it did not overwhelm the malt and chocolate and roasted notes. The hop aroma and flavor was excellent. As soon as my nose was close I got the hop aroma (German Northern Brewer and Cascade) at just the right level (for me), and with each taste the flavor passed from mild malty and roasted to a nice hop aroma finish. Hard to describe, but it is very much like how I remember Pete's Wicked Ale....maybe a tad milder in the hop department. I drank it with homemade pizza. The only thing I might, maybe, change is to reduce the chocolate notes. I am not sure about that, I will know better after I drink some more of this. I attached a pic of my label. Kind of weird but I went with it. This excellent beer deserves a crown. Those are my eyes, turned upside down to make it more weird. Cheers!

Back