What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prepping Pork Butt
IMG_20191224_205934.jpeg

IMG_8265.JPG

Sunshine in my Day - Sour IPA from Other Half & a collaboration with DEYA.
Untappd’s Description:
Imperial Key Lime Pie Sour IPA w/ DEYA Brewing Company with Citra and Motueka and conditioned on key lime purée and zest, graham cracker, vanilla and milk sugar.

Never seen that version
The monks agreed to do a special release to the US back in 2012. Money raised would help restore the monastery. Bottles got those special markings.

That was probably the first time I really didn't care what the price of a beer was. I wanted it.

I guess the beer isnt as mysterious to get now. I read instead of calling a phone number and hoping for someone to answer, they've gone online

The monks agreed to do a special release to the US back in 2012. Money raised would help restore the monastery. Bottles got those special markings.

That was probably the first time I really didn't care what the price of a beer was. I wanted it.

I guess the beer isnt as mysterious to get now. I read instead of calling a phone number and hoping for someone to answer, they've gone online
I still have a bottle or two left from a beer-cation I took in Belgium a few years ago. An excellent beer that gets better with age. The last one I opened a year or two ago was beyond amazing.

Westvleteren 12 Trappist quad. Rated #1 in the world for a very long time. Use to be hard to get and that was half the fun. This was a limited release back in 2012 for the US. I think I have one more left. Lost a fresh one to do a comparison somewhere down in the cellar. Next year my goal is to do a comparison before they're gone.

And now to break in the fondue with something from our friends to the northView attachment 658601
Got it, ignore other post.

Pianoman I did this same recipe and would recommend cutting down on the D-180 to 2lbs. Mine is sitting at 6 months in the keezer and nowhere near the original version. I’m hoping it’s going to come around soon.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. Definitely won't be an exact clone. Grain bill/hops. I have a ton of C-75 and prolly the Trappist Yeast.
Piano man I did this same recipe and would recommend cutting down on the D-180 to 2lbs. Mine is sitting at 6 months in the keezer and nowhere near the original version. I’m hoping it’s going to come around soon.

I bought a six pack direct from the monastery. You only live once!

On a side note when compared side by side with Chimay Blue id take Chimay any day of the week due to the price and availability.
All a matter of tastes. Chimay is a nice change but not my favorite, unless it's on draft which seems completely different to me.

If you take price into consideration st bernardus abt 12 would be in the middle of my preference. Supposedly same recipe with different yeast. I always find places putting them on sale to make space and I clear the shelves.
IMG_20191225_111633.jpeg

Back