What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Momma and the girls doing pics while me and little man hang out inside, out of the wind
20180923_170113.jpeg

Belgian Tripel, HB, five weeks in the bottle. It's my shiny superstar, the beer I find suits me the best, so much so that I'm about to brew it for the third time in five months.
***It is considerably lighter in color than in the photo.
HOWEVER, I need to quit calling it a "Westmalle Trappist Ale clone" because it's simply NOT. The only thing they have in common is the ABV.
This one is more in line with La Fin Du Monde or Final Absolution. Both of those are pretty special to me.
Here's my weekly pic--Lions with a field goal, as time runs out, to win by one over the Patriots.
Edit: So I drank it. The head is almost to the pillowy stage. There was lacing (and still is on the empty glass).
What's the big deal about lacing, anyway? I think it's nice but not aware of why it gets mentioned so much on ratebeer.com.
I'll be ready for "Drunkin' Ramblings" pretty soon!

You’re already drunk if you think the Lion’s win by one tonight

You’re already drunk if you think the Lion’s win by one tonight
That was funny. I did expect something like that. We need to get that zero off the board. New England can afford to start slow since they always land on their feet.

Last edited:
Always wondered if it sucks
Not great. Not terrible. I'm just in a neipa phase and it isn't one, and it didn't taste like i was hoping. Luckily, @brandtrepair talked the owner of our local grocery store (we have 400 people in our town) to get Sam Adam's NEIPA, so that'll be a standby in my beer fridge

George T Stagg bourbon. It’s a great pour. I wanted to sample the 2017 before purchasing a bottle as they are pricey on secondary market.

http://www.buffalotracedistillery.com/craftsmen/stagg
I saw "Buffalo Trace" and wondered if you were the same person who suggested it in a thread where I asked which whiskey to use in my bourbon barrel stout (it was a different person). I used Buffalo Trace in my stout. It's progressing beautifully.
Edit: Thanks for the info. If you haven't guessed, I know next to nothing about whiskey but it's fun learning.
Cheers!

I saw "Buffalo Trace" and wondered if you were the same person who suggested it in a thread where I asked which whiskey to use in my bourbon barrel stout (it was a different person). I used Buffalo Trace in my stout. It's progressing beautifully.
Cheers!

Nice. Buffalo Trace has a nice share of the bourbon market. They have a buffalo trace bottle as well which is about $30 a bottle and would do fine on a stout. I would almost argue that it would do just as good as a $13 heaven hill bib. I definitely wouldn’t put a GTS in there. Secondary goes for $400-900 depending on year.

Nice. Buffalo Trace has a nice share of the bourbon market. They have a buffalo trace bottle as well which is about $30 a bottle and would do fine on a stout. I would almost argue that it would do just as good as a $13 heaven hill bib. I definitely wouldn’t put a GTS in there. Secondary goes for $400-900 depending on year.

You weren't kidding were you about "pricey"? Heavens, no, I would not do that. Something like that would be waaaaay over my head due to my zero experience with whiskey.

I used the one with "90" on the bottle as someone suggested and the price was what you just named. Got it from Costco here in Michigan.

Yeah, so far so good and I'm really pleased with the progress so far; this clone is probably the closest I've come to duplicating an actual beer (Dragon's Milk Stout). All the others I've made are great but might as well be called something different because they don't taste like the originals.

We had some uninvited guests trying to move into the house. So a few beers while tearing apart the side of the house, re-insulating, putting up new sheathing, and then re-siding. Man eating toaster is a tasty beer.

aviary-image-1537727856229.jpeg
aviary-image-1537733144582.jpeg
aviary-image-1537738554690.jpeg
20180923_133326.jpeg

I could add one on the side too.

Just one.

View attachment 589540

Deal! Sours are really intriguing to me lately! I’ll try to get it out to you this week. I just got back in town late Friday night and I owe @jerbrew his FotD his package first. His will (if all goes as planed) will ship tomorrow.

Since you’re close, if I get it out on Wednesday it will arrive on Friday.

Dang, these glasses are a hit with fellow members here. It’s a good thing I picked up a bunch!

Deal! Sours are really intriguing to me lately! I’ll try to get it out to you this week. I just got back in town late Friday night and I owe @jerbrew his FotD his package first. His will (if all goes as planed) will ship tomorrow.

Since you’re close, if I get it out on Wednesday it will arrive on Friday.

Dang, these glasses are a hit with fellow members here. It’s a good thing I picked up a bunch!

I wouldn’t be too concerned about @jerbrew. [emoji23]

It’s an awesome glass so I see why the hype. It brings me back to my childhood.

So sour over Barrel Asher stout. Ok!

Ill get some green beans out too. [emoji6]

Thank you!!

I wouldn’t be too concerned about @jerbrew. [emoji23]

It’s an awesome glass so I see why the hype. It brings me back to my childhood.

So sour over Barrel Asher stout. Ok!

Ill get some green beans out too. [emoji6]

Thank you!!

You’re a good man and thanks! I’ll have some beans in there too. Maybe even a love letter. HAHA [emoji6]

Back