What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pic because I haven't taken the time to replace photobucket, but having Southern Prohibition Brewing's Belgian-Style Tripel. Fairly impressed. I'd buy it again. Its a tripel in a can!

@Collusion TapWorks Christmas in July bottle release. Had a guava farmhouse now a wheat IPA. Scored some special releases. One is heading to the FOTD.

IMG_1212.jpg

My first rauchbier on left and a nitro chocolate stout on right. Wife said the rauchbier tastes like a band aid smells! It's different not sure if I would get it again. Nitro Stout is incredible.

IMG_1213.jpg

Hard Cider.

Fermented cheap apple juice (from concentrate) with Nottingham yeast and yeast nutrient. I didn't add any extra sugar. I left it in primary for a month.

On Bottling day I primed with table sugar and sweetened with Xyla. I also used Lorann Green Apple Flavor to enhance the apple taste in the finished product.

I've got to say that in the past I've tried the Edwort recipe a few times and wasn't super stoked about the results. I was looking for something that tasted like Strongbow. The cider I am drinking tonight is a huge step in the right direction.

Had a Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA courtesy of my work partner earlier today to get us through a hellish kegging session (new kegs for the boss, the rings were messed up and took forever to get the 1/2 barrels to seal) and now enjoying an Apfelwein I did back in January...backsweetened with some Agave syrup as it is SUPER dry. Forgot how tasty it is, a bit tired of beer today so something different was in order. No pic since on laptop not tablet but it is beautiful. I've only got one 22oz left of it, saving it for a special occasion as soon as I think of one. Waking up, maybe.

Back