What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20170322_222134af272.jpg

My first ever AG HB pint! (Foxy Hunter)...and it's nothing like I imagined it would be :D

I'm assuming too much cara, getting a burnt smell as well as a slight taste, it has a surprisingly thick mouth feel, 5,7% is way too much for a brit ale, even getting slight hints of red wine.

Next batch gonna drop the cara % and add late hopping.

I'm actually pleased I didn't nail it first try, this way I don't get a false feeling I know what I'm doing :D

Attachments

• 1490225770463.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 21
  • 1490225780372.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 22
Dude I feel u- Let's go back 2 months. Here is 5 gallons of 18 month old peach sour all over my kitchen floor View attachment 393748that sucks.

I remember that, I cried a little bit when I saw that soaked floor I would guess you felt 18 times worse than I. Couldn't destroy the step I tripped on so I found the next best thing, now I feel minutely better.

The story PianoMan is that I picked up my kettle and stumbled upon the **** on the ground and the ledge dropping said kettle and essentially wasting a 50$ bill and putting a great dent in my kettle also. That's a future Kev problem.

Attachments

• 1490225871319.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 19
I remember that, I cried a little bit when I saw that soaked floor I would guess you felt 18 times worse than I. Couldn't destroy the step I tripped on so I found the next best thing, now I feel minutely better.

The story PianoMan is that I picked up my kettle and stumbled upon the **** on the ground and the ledge dropping said kettle and essentially wasting a 50$ bill and putting a great dent in my kettle also. That's a future Kev problem.

So sorry for your loss Kev.

Damn bro- that sucks. Angry Kev came out

12 gallons x 8lbs/gallons = 96lbs. I know your 1/2 my age but damn! Really sorry about your kettle man..

So sorry for your loss Kev.

Me too. 85% efficiency :thumbdown:

Damn bro- that sucks. Angry Kev came out

..I won't show pictures of the wall next to my slider

12 gallons x 8lbs/gallons = 96lbs. I know your 1/2 my age but damn! Really sorry about your kettle man..

I have a 'dolly' on casters I was putting it onto to roll into the kitchen. I'm sorry too.

Sober Kev signing out. Going to clean my gear

View attachment 1490226848044.jpg

Did you ever gets another going? That was a sad post..

I have a ton of sours going. That one just tasted so friggin good. I was able to get a few bottles. If this thing ever carbs up I'll send u one if u like sours

Me too. 85% efficiency :thumbdown:

..I won't show pictures of the wall next to my slider

I have a 'dolly' on casters I was putting it onto to roll into the kitchen. I'm sorry too.

Sober Kev signing out. Going to clean my gear

May have to send u a get well present. Shoot me your address

Latest posts

Back