What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waddya think of that beer. I had it last weekend and thought it was pretty solid. That place is about 15 min from me and they make some pretty nice beers.

I am a fan. I had it about a week ago and had to swing by the brewery while in Lansing today. Ended up filling my 1 gallon ukeg and grabbing 3 - 4packs as well

You couldn't buy 6 packs until now?

Ugh don't get me started on our liquor laws.

Until recently, beer had to be bought by the case without special license. They then allowed half cases maybe a year or two ago. Six packs (with few exceptions) only became legal a month or two ago, maybe a little longer.

To elaborate on our draconian laws, beer is sold only in special distribution stores. This is SLOWLY changing as you can now buy beer in some grocery stores that have a special license. But there is a dedicated sales area and register.

Wine and liquor are sold in state-run stores with no exceptions other than you can bring home an unfinished bottle of wine from a restaurant. Selection at those stores is ok at best. Thank God I am close to the state line and can make a trip to Total Wine in Delaware.

...you got me started...

On a happier note, this awesome beer is now being made year round:
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1490133713.131564.jpg

Ugh don't get me started on our liquor laws.

Until recently, beer had to be bought by the case without special license. They then allowed half cases maybe a year or two ago. Six packs (with few exceptions) only became legal a month or two ago, maybe a little longer.

To elaborate on our draconian laws, beer is sold only in special distribution stores. This is SLOWLY changing as you can now buy beer in some grocery stores that have a special license. But there is a dedicated sales area and register.

Wine and liquor are sold in state-run stores with no exceptions other than you can bring home an unfinished bottle of wine from a restaurant. Selection at those stores is ok at best. Thank God I am close to the state line and can make a trip to Total Wine in Delaware.

...you got me started...

On a happier note, this awesome beer is now being made year round:
View attachment 393591
Here in MT every gas station and grocery store sells beer, even Target has beer. But our tap rooms have a 36oz/day/person limit and close at 8pm unless they have a something besides a tasting room permit.

Couple kokanee with the brother in law. Now this. And to throw my two cents into the liquor law discussion, the province I grew up in only recently allowed sales direct from a brewery. All liquor/beer/wine sold retail is still regulated at a minimum price and all is distributed through a central wholesaler (government company.

View attachment 1490137657429.jpg

21st amendment blah blah blah, Really nice dipa and I found a sixer of terrapin wake n bake so there's one of those chillin in the fridge along with some Westbrook gose, one claw, two claw and IPA.

IMG_0676.jpg

Back