What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep that's my Roxie aka "Big Bookie".

I have always wanted one for numerous reasons, I could never pull the trigger due to pricing, especially around here being 10 miles from MS State.

A buddy of mine gave her to me, he had 3.

That's cool- are they good family dogS , I have a 6 yr old daughter whose dog it would be

Raining beer here.

HB saison, Oskar Blues IPA (such a good beer for the price), and two pulls of an IPA I kegged this morning. Let me say, well I've said it a million times, Columbus-Simcoe combo cannot be beat.

View attachment 365768

View attachment 365769

Juicy juicy hb
Pakos from wyoming is pure Columbus and Simcoe i think. .

These were not, and expensive; )
Stone and apocalypse ipa oops just stone

Attachments

• 1470877943416.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 54
Irish night.

image.jpg

What do you all think about this hop schedule?

HOP SCHEDULE
2oz - Cascade @ 15 minutes
2oz - Mosaic @ 15 minutes
2oz - Galaxy @ 15 minutes

2oz - Mosaic @ 5 minutes
1oz - Cascade @ 5 minutes
1oz - Galaxy @ 5 minutes

2oz - Mosaic @ DRY HOP for 4 days
1oz - Cascade @ DRY HOP for 4 days
1oz - Galaxy @ DRY HOP for 4 days

I took a stab at this I only brew from recipes anymore but here's what I'm thinking. One ounce of Columbus to give you a better Bitter End. Lighten the load at 15 minutes which will give you too many ibus. Added some flame out Hops and increase the dry hop and shorten the time. If I were you I would Brew elevated IPA recipe as it won a Great American Beer Festival medal and the Brewer released the recipe. But to each their own. I think either way you've decided on a great beer there. I would run the ibus on both what I suggested and yours.

HOP SCHEDULE
1oz columbus 45 min

1oz - Cascade @ 15 minutes
1oz - Mosaic @ 15 minutes
1oz - Galaxy @ 15 minutes

1oz - Mosaic @ 5 minutes
1oz - Galaxy @ 5 minutes

1oz cascade fo/whirlpool
1oz galaxy. Fo/whirlpool

2oz - Mosaic @ DRY HOP for 3 days
1oz - Cascade @ DRY HOP for 3 days
2oz - Galaxy @ DRY HOP for 3 days

I took a stab at this I only brew from recipes anymore but here's what I'm thinking. One ounce of Columbus to give you a better Bitter End. Lighten the load at 15 minutes which will give you too many ibus. Added some flame out Hops and increase the dry hop and shorten the time. If I were you I would Brew elevated IPA recipe as it won a Great American Beer Festival medal and the Brewer released the recipe. But to each their own. I think either way you've decided on a great beer there. I would run the ibus on both what I suggested and yours.

HOP SCHEDULE
1oz columbus 45 min

1oz - Mosaic @ 5 minutes
1oz - Galaxy @ 5 minutes

1oz cascade fo/whirlpool
1oz galaxy. Fo/whirlpool

I'd get this of the 15's and add them as whirlpool. Whirlpool for at least 45 minutes or u r wasting your time. I'd try to whirlpool for and hr. I always start my whirlpool at 185 and go for an hour.

Or get rid of the 5,s and add at whirlpool and go for an hour. Definitely use a Bittering charge at 45 or 60.

HOP SCHEDULE
1oz columbus 45 min

1oz - Mosaic @ 5 minutes
1oz - Galaxy @ 5 minutes

1oz cascade fo/whirlpool
1oz galaxy. Fo/whirlpool

I have some Chinook I could use for bittering.. always liked how smooth it was. That's a good point though I think I am going to tweak it a bit lightening the 15 minute load to get better hop utilization. I'm gunna plug it in, I know mine led to 56.2 IBU @ 10 gallons thanks for the input though :) I'm trying to nail down a house IPA

And another labatt

I'd get this of the 15's and add them as whirlpool. Whirlpool for at least 45 minutes or u r wasting your time. I'd try to whirlpool for and hr. I always start my whirlpool at 185 and go for an hour.

Or get rid of the 5,s and add at whirlpool and go for an hour. Definitely use a Bittering charge at 45 or 60.

Yeah now I got to messing around with it I'm gunna add Chinook at 60, drop the 15s they added too much bitterness and I may put them into flameout. Whirlpoolin was deff the plan

After a week of all stouts and BB barleywine, couple sours as well... I finally got to have some hops while at a bar watching American pickers with the guy that was being picked in tonight's episode. A few alpha King and a space cowboy. Happy day.

After a week of all stouts and BB barleywine, couple sours as well... I finally got to have some hops while at a bar watching American pickers with the guy that was being picked in tonight's episode. A few alpha King and a space cowboy. Happy day.

That's some heavy stuff.. nice to change it up

Sorry for all the spam too I finally settled on it lol

Is that plead the 5th? If so its hands down my fav reg RIS available, I buy cases when it comes out.

It is plead the 5th. '14. I bought a keg and sat on it. Honestly, it prices out really well in sextles. Have had a lot of joy from this hundred buck purchase.

At my desk, it is quite literally 97 degrees and the humidity is starting to fog up my glasses. Been here since 7:00 and will not get out until near 5:00.

I find solace in the fact that I have , waiting on me at home, this-----

sip.jpg

At my desk, it is quite literally 97 degrees and the humidity is starting to fog up my glasses. Been here since 7:00 and will not get out until near 5:00.

I find solace in the fact that I have , waiting on me at home, this-----

Same going on here. Trying to stay inside because I get wet just crossing the threshold. This is why I dislike Florida.

I just chugged a warm high life. I need a job.

I'm drinking coffee. But I really want a Hurricane.

"Considering what this is and how unbelievably cheap it is, it's a miracle. Like Jesus Christ himself turned piss into golden barley pop. It's really, really sweet, bit it's not offensive at all. Doesn't smell like anything, looks like gold, and tastes...dare I say...kinda good? My kind is blown, my entire world view is shattered and I will probably continue to buy this swill for $2.64 for a four pack of tall boys. I really hate myself for saying this, but thank you Anheiser-Busch? I'm so confused right now."

Latest posts

Back