What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pumpkin porter spice I made (which was disappointing) mixed with Guiness American Lager - much better mixed.

Home brewed blonde ale.

It was supposed to be BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde Ale but when I went to my LHBS they didn't have any CaraPils or Centennial hops. Subbed wheat for the carapils and went with all cascade hops. Tastes pretty good in spite of the changes.

Looks tasty though. What kind of hops?

It was Columbus hops...Oh, it is tasty - to a certain extent I suppose..If you can get over the 'floaters' in the beer and the fact that it is a slow geyser when popping the top..The floaters are what get me though, after like the 3rd sip it seems like the beer changes flavor and get real sweet and fruity..Weird..If I ever dry hop again the pellets go in a small muslin baggy for sure!

HOLY COW!! This is GOOD!! Smog City Coffee Porter, one of the breweries I visited on my trip to Los Angeles..Had a small sample there and it blew me away then, and it has done so again back home! Glad I grabbed 2 bottles of this! YUMMY! You can certainly taste the coffee in this..They used 5LBS of coffee grounds per barrel!OMG!:eek: Maybe if someone in the LA area can PM me I would like to set up a pipeline of this to here!..LOL ;)

Almost good enough to fly back JUST for this beer!Not really, but, it sure is tempting!..

Smog City Coffee Porter.jpg

Water to take pills with until wife gets some coffee going. I can't even carry a cup anymore without splashing...at least I slept all through the night till 5:11 this morning.

Water to take pills with until wife gets some coffee going. I can't even carry a cup anymore without splashing...at least I slept all through the night till 5:11 this morning.

I loathe the programmed habit of waking at 4:15am every day - no alarm needed after 17 years of training...even on Saturday :(

Even after beers on Friday - my one night of beer consumption.:(
But, it does provide the opportunity for Friday Beer Night version 2 and another round of sleep.

Yeah...funny, ain't it? worked until age 50 & retired, mostly for medical reasons. So I finally get the time to sleep in everyday, or mostly so. But can't! I even wake up a lot around 3:30 AM, when I used to get up for work as line foreman. Gotta set up my section of the assembly line. So sleeping "in" until after 5AM is pretty good for me...:smack:

Yeah...funny, ain't it? worked until age 50 & retired, mostly for medical reasons. So I finally get the time to sleep in everyday, or mostly so. But can't! I even wake up a lot around 3:30 AM, when I used to get up for work as line foreman. Gotta set up my section of the assembly line. So sleeping "in" until after 5AM is pretty good for me...:smack:

Someone who SHOULD be obeyed will not be impressed with me in 5...4...3...2...oh jeeze...prepare for liftoff....

(but..she has stuck around for 34 years....she knows the drill)

I think it would? Really smooth lightly roasty goodness. I've still got a pretty good stash of stout too...on my third coffee. Used it to wash down some thick-cut beef jerky.

I just put down a Black IPA recipe onto paper not too sure about how it's gunna work out

Mean time water need to go to the pharmacy on my day off of work from the pharmacy :/

Back