What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking a Deschutes Black Butte Porter, lucky to have them at my local gas station. They actually have a few decent for a gas station.

My first homebrew...Block Party Amber Ale.

Only been 2 weeks in the bottle, so carbonation isn't ideal but I couldn't wait any longer lol.
Definitely super pleased with my first go at this. Not my favorite style, but this tastes very good to me. Has me even more excited for my Dunkelweizen that I have fermenting since that is more my style.

IMG_0266.JPG

In your opinion is the Hopslam worth $19.99 a six pack (limit 2 per customer).
Or is my local bev mart hiking the price?

They are gouging but not by much really. I think I paid 17.99. I believe its reputation exceeds its flavor. Years ago it was a mind blowing hop bomb, now beers of that style are common enough that your mind won't be blown... That said, I wouldn't pass on an overpriced sixer of it once a year. Gotta try them all right?

They are gouging but not by much really. I think I paid 17.99. I believe its reputation exceeds its flavor. Years ago it was a mind blowing hop bomb, now beers of that style are common enough that your mind won't be blown... That said, I wouldn't pass on an overpriced sixer of it once a year. Gotta try them all right?

I paid $16.99 and while I think this year's batch is better than last year's I have to agree with you it's not worth the money.

In your opinion is the Hopslam worth $19.99 a six pack (limit 2 per customer).
Or is my local bev mart hiking the price?

Solid beer but it's more on the malty side as compared to the IPAs I really like. I'd buy a 6-pack for $20 every now and again. It's priced similar to Gandhi Bot. If you haven't had it, try it for sure. It's just not what I had expected. Still really good. Not great.

Solid beer but it's more on the malty side as compared to the IPAs I really like. I'd buy a 6-pack for $20 every now and again. It's priced similar to Gandhi Bot. If you haven't had it, try it for sure. It's just not what I had expected. Still really good. Not great.

And here I though that the $10.99 I paid for a 4(FOUR) pack of Founders Breakfast Stout was steep..But it is a damn fine beer!

And here is what is going down my gullet..A Kona Pipeline! :D

Kona Pipeline.jpg

I was in my fav craft brew store Tuesday and while sipping on a local brew the store owner is heading to the back door telling the bar keep he thought he heard brake squeal. Turns out they just got in a small shipment of canned Bells Hopslam. The keg will be tapped Friday. I got four, which was the max I could get. :mug:

My nightcap...HB Chocolate Maple Porter...Man, this gets better by the day! :) Never mind the bottle, was too lazy to bother with taking off the labels!..LOL Old picture too, but it has certainly 'aged' well in the fridge!

HB Chocolate Maple Porter.jpg

And here I though that the $10.99 I paid for a 4(FOUR) pack of Founders Breakfast Stout was steep..But it is a damn fine beer!

And here is what is going down my gullet..A Kona Pipeline! :D

We pay $12.99 to $14.99 a 4 pack for founders breakfast stout!

Coffee.
Feel a cold coming on, might switch o alka seltzer cold!!!!

Let's see...2 coffees, check. 1 burrito, check. 1 bowl chili, check. The doctor's gonna love me in an hour...;)
* Interesting that my likes given # equals that old song by Zager & Evans...

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1455237176.875181.jpg

From left to right: witbier (which came out weirdly sweet and maybe yeasty... Can't figure out what's wrong with it but I've only ever had blue moon and shock top to be honest), mangrove jack apple cider, American rye beer (renegade rye from more beer), and jamil's sweet stout.

Sweet stout is definitely the winner even though it isn't done carbonating.

Served in my tasting set given to me by my awesome girlfriend.

Back