What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water, calling and texting all my employees trying to get someone to go to work. I know nobody is going to go and that I am going in. Just feel like wasting an hour on the phone before I go.

Side note, if your spouse got a DUI, would you call off on a shift of overtime to go bond them out? Pretty sure i would let swmbo sit and go make the money we were gonna need to cover that stuff.

Coff. 47F. So nice out here.
View attachment 275214

We are finally having a weekend with no rain, this past week has be great highs in the 70's

I am going to the semi LHBS to get the ingredients for a simple brown ale, my bro -in-law will be here for a month starting next week so I figured I would brew something that he will drink.

Steaks and crayfish this evening, going to be a good day.

Oh and @mattmmille gave me a couple scobys to make kombucha. I bought some fermenters late last night and will brew tonight. So with that, I'm drinking his kombucha.

We are finally having a weekend with no rain, this past week has be great highs in the 70's

I am going to the semi LHBS to get the ingredients for a simple brown ale, my bro -in-law will be here for a month starting next week so I figured I would brew something that he will drink.

Steaks and crayfish this evening, going to be a good day.

That definitely sounds like a fantastic plan for the day. My family is visiting today so I will be grilling over coals and drinking beer after my son's baseball game. Cheers.

Parents weren't kidding when they said rats were destroying chicken feed. It's like a shooting gallery. Got a few kills in before we leave for wine tour.

Hurray. Water and coffee to go.

For $15 a handle this stuff is the business. Tastes like candy. Had a glass on the rocks followed by a few pints of Colorado Kool Aide (Coors Light) and am headed to bed now
View attachment 275204

That stuff is da' bomb. SWMBO and I killed a handle of that plus assorted local beers while on vacation for a week in Hawaii a few years ago. At least, we think we were in Hawaii. :drunk:

Kirkland brand whiskey? Wow. I thought McCormicks is horrible

Actually, the Kirkland brand bourbon is pretty good; picking up more today. All of their liquors are white labeled main brand overshoots. I believe the bourbon is Knobb Creek, the 'French Vodka' is Grey Goose, etc. Apparently the gin is pretty good too. The downside is that I have to drive out of my @#%$# state controlled liquor state to Washington D.C. to get the stuff. Not too bad a drive, but not convienent at all.

mrmph.

Anyhow, coffee and a single egg before the idiotly late start 5k. Who starts a race at 1130?!?!? But the 5yo will enjoy a stroller race and then it is a great big party for the rest of Draft day.

/@hello style rant off

Hotel coffee, at the alma mater for a FFA contest. Actually I'm just here to babysit my 1 month old, the wife has several teams competing.

WP_20150502_002.jpg

first attempt at a recipe, does this look OK? Partial Mash. Long story short I found these grains that I forgot I had figured I would use them up. I already have the yeast and the Challenger hops as well as the grains.

3 lbs Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 1 40.0 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 2 6.7 %
8.0 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 3 6.7 %
3 lbs 8.0 oz Light Dry Extract (8.0 SRM) Dry Extract 4 46.7 %
0.50 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 5 13.4 IBUs
0.50 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Boil 30.0 min Hop 6 10.3 IBUs
1.00 oz Citra [12.00 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 7 15.9 IBUs
1.00 oz Challenger [7.50 %] - Boil 0.0 min Hop 8 0.0 IBUs
1.0 pkg Nottingham (Danstar #-) [23.66 ml]

On topic water, But that will change as the day progresses.

first attempt at a recipe, does this look OK? Partial Mash. Long story short I found these grains that I forgot I had figured I would use them up. I already have the yeast and the Challenger hops as well as the grains.

3 lbs Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 1 40.0 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 2 6.7 %
8.0 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 3 6.7 %
3 lbs 8.0 oz Light Dry Extract (8.0 SRM) Dry Extract 4 46.7 %
0.50 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 5 13.4 IBUs
0.50 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Boil 30.0 min Hop 6 10.3 IBUs
1.00 oz Citra [12.00 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 7 15.9 IBUs
1.00 oz Challenger [7.50 %] - Boil 0.0 min Hop 8 0.0 IBUs
1.0 pkg Nottingham (Danstar #-) [23.66 ml]

On topic water, But that will change as the day progresses.

I'd redo it so you can have the Centennial and Citra as late additions and the challenger for bittering. Using Citra as a 15min addition is kind of a waste IMHO.

Water.

I'd redo it so you can have the Centennial and Citra as late additions and the challenger for bittering. Using Citra as a 15min addition is kind of a waste IMHO.

Water.

I make an all citra beer that has marvelous flavor.

That being said if you are late hopping with something that will cover the flavor of the citra, then you might be wasting some flavor.

Water.

I may just exclude the Citra and use Centennial and Challenger. The reason I have Challenger as a late addition, I read somewhere that when used this way they can provide fruity flavors.

I may just exclude the Citra and use Centennial and Challenger. The reason I have Challenger as a late addition, I read somewhere that when used this way they can provide fruity flavors.

I agree with others about moving Citra to a flamout or whirlpool. I also created a citrus type beer with Centennial at 30min, citra at 5 and whirlpool along with mosaic and simcoe. But hops are about double your amount. Leaving out the 60min addition lessens harsh bitter flavor that can take away from great flavor/aroma late addition hops add. I would say go for it! Looks like it'll be a very drinkable beer.

Coffee....thinking it's almost time for a beer
15 year old boys can really suck sometimes...I know, I was one and I have one
Yard work and house cleaning and ball later this afternoon
I think I'll just ignore him

Coffee....thinking it's almost time for a beer
15 year old boys can really suck sometimes...I know, I was one and I have one
Yard work and house cleaning and ball later this afternoon
I think I'll just ignore him

I was 15 once too, but I was awesome! Atleast my mom told me I was.

Back