What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been up since 3:30 am, need some caffeine before the drive home and a good 4 mile run. Have to sweat out some of the sodium in it, 24% of daily value per can.

WP_20150423_001.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1429831190.423292.jpg

The beer that brought me here.

Short Story About Beer, by Clint Brewer

In January 2009, I was almost shot, my mother died, and I got laid off, all within the space of 2 weeks. Bad month, bad year. With my severance pay and Texas' awesome Unemployment programs, I was able to continue at my part time pizza gig, and work in the media department at church, keep the lights on...basically coasted for a while. I was also able to day drink 5 days a week while I applied for jobs I didn't want for pay that wouldn't feed my family. Throw in both of my sisters living with me, neither having full time jobs, both loving beer & wine as much as I did...we drank a lot, and often. My town had just started allowing beer & wine sales. In 2009. AD. The local grocer jumped headlong into it and stocked every beer his distro sold. It was glorious. They mistakenly priced bombers of Stone IPA at $2.49. I'd never had an IPA, and the hoppiest the beer I recall having up to that point was SNPA. I snatched up 5, an 18 of Lone Star, and a 750 of Shiraz for my older sis...all on tip money from the pizza joint. Two bombers later and I was in love. That pricing error went on for six months. I pretty much bleed lupulin at this point.

Jump to November 09 and I got my job back at 80% of my previous pay. I'm a sexual being, just love getting screwed.

And scene.

Second pour. Had I bought this **** at the local store, I'd be back there tomorrow for another bomber...no joke, Mark. And I don't even normally consider this style "my thing".

Before or after the Ligers lost to my Yanks?

I'll start the movie rights bidding at $20.

Red.

The movie would drive sane people to suicide. I'm not joking, and I'm far from a bible thumping maniac, but I only got through by the grace of God. Bury your Mom on Saturday and walk back into work on Monday to people just openly sobbing in the hallways. Think you're safe and get the "come here" wave from your manager.

The gunshot gets cut because I literally cannot retell it.

Can we not talk baseball in the drinking thread? As a Rangers fan, it will likely lead me down a bad road. One that ends at the good liquor store.

Huzzah internet being back. That means I can stream Game 5. 5th can of Atlas Brew Works District Common. Straight out of the can, because I can (chortle). Basically drinking this because I don't want to deal with a bottle or a glass.

The movie would drive sane people to suicide. I'm not joking, and I'm far from a bible thumping maniac, but I only got through by the grace of God. Bury your Mom on Saturday and walk back into work on Monday to people just openly sobbing in the hallways. Think you're safe and get the "come here" wave from your manager.

The gunshot gets cut because I literally cannot retell it.

Glad you made it through such tough times. The drive to hang with friends and family and to drink good beer has saved many a man from ruin...Or the opposite...Either way, good on you.

Highland Park 12...Nightcap.

Glad you made it through such tough times. The drive to hang with friends and family and to drink good beer has saved many a man from ruin...Or the opposite...Either way, good on you.

Highland Park 12...Nightcap.

No one more glad than I, you have my word.

I'm not a tigers fan, but I do hate the Yankees. Legit hatred.

Actually, I don't understand Yankee hate and Jeter and Granderson are two of my all time favorite baseball players (both with Michigan ties - I saw Jeter play HS baseball when he was in Kalamazoo and I lived there, and Granderson was my favorite Tiger for a few years).

Actually, I don't understand Yankee hate and Jeter and Granderson are two of my all time favorite baseball players (both with Michigan ties - I saw Jeter play HS baseball when he was in Kalamazoo and I lived there, and Granderson was my favorite Tiger for a few years).

I grew up watching the Mets play. Legit Yankees hatred. However, I realized years later that watching baseball on tv is boring as hell, so there's that.

Nursing this stout. More stout to come soon.

Back