What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is that? I've had nothing from them..,

They make some really solid beers. Lots of brett goodness in this one.

They have very limited distro and not a lot of publicity. IMO they have some beers that rival Crooked Stave, but their full lineup is not as consistent as CS.

PM me if you want / need to try them.

Spray bottle of starsan works also. Crank the psi up to 30 to help find the leak, then back it off once located.

Thanks. I tightened all the fittings, crimped all the clamps and sprayed everything down. No sign of any bubbles. Hopefully it's gone.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1429764467.598895.jpg
Brewed this on March 23rd, still sitting in secondary, not carbed or anything. Just getting an idea of where I'm at with this beer. Oily viscous stout at about 10% ABV. Un-carbed, un-aged, and at room temperature, I'm having no trouble putting this away. I will keep it in the secondary maybe another week or so and then keg, just for conditioning till winter. Definitely needs some age.

Beer as dark as my soul... Literally bombed my last exam for microbiology I hope I ****ed up and I'm wrong but I think liquor is in order tonight as I'm having a floccin panic attack

Good luck man! You're prob crazy stressed out. I had a statistics class I had for my master's a little while back. I was SURE I was gonna get a C in the class after BOMBING the final. It was bad. A lot of time the prof will give you the benefit of the doubt. Until then, drink heavily daily and partake in distracting vices as required to alleviate stress. Take alcohol with food.. Check back when grade is available. Repeat as necessary. :mug:

For everyone else, drinking a ****ty cabernet. Pictures in this case will not add value.

Good luck man! You're prob crazy stressed out. I had a statistics class I had for my master's a little while back. I was SURE I was gonna get a C in the class after BOMBING the final. It was bad. A lot of time the prof will give you the benefit of the doubt. Until then, drink heavily daily and partake in distracting vices as required to alleviate stress. Take alcohol with food.. Check back when grade is available. Repeat as necessary. :mug:

For everyone else, drinking a ****ty cabernet. Pictures in this case will not add value.

You honestly just described my life for the past months. Why the floc did I end up having four areas of concentration. I'm living by the motto drink well and often haha.. A beer a day keeps the psychiatrist away. The support is much obliged

Speaking of such I'm about to switch over to wine... :mug:

Gets me going.

sambazon.jpg

how? you intentionally stayed up all night just to get the first cawfeh post? you crazy kids with your Pac Man video games and Hoola Hoops!

First coffee post was the one up side of the night. Two new projects, two people called off, and one got picked up on a warrant on his lunch break. At least the sheriff let him call me so I knew to come back in. Doing surprisingly well as I enter my 24th hour on the clock.

Mine looked like that and I ordered new burners, heat shields gas carry-overs and grates, all stainless. Cost almost as much as the grill, but I'm hoping it's worth it. Just got it all today

I bought my Jenn-air grill back when the stainless parts were lifetime. Now when they wear out I just call to get new ones and only have to pay shipping. That grill is going to be around forever :)

Compliments if @mcbaumannerb This is delicious!

View attachment 272977

Glad you liked it! :mug:

Already taught him how to pour and sever? Awesome! ;)

Water.

Planning this summer's home improvement projects.

I need to raise the grade around half of my house near the foundation and add bushes with edging and rock. I also have to replace 3 sections of sidewalk that are falling apart.
Add a retaining wall along one side of the driveway since the idiot that lived here before me flattened the grade next to the sloped driveway to park his boat. Now the substrate is falling out from underneath the driveway. Also install french drains for all my downspouts and run sump pump discharge to a gravel well. And remove dirt behind the garage and replace with rock or cement.

That is just in one weekend. I'm going to be busy.

Sounds good, but you forgot beer. With all that outdoor work there must be beer, right?

Well, was about an hour away from finishing up paperwork and debating if a bill the full double or just 13 or 14 hours since I was working from home when I find out I am heading back in and staying till about four tomorrow afternoon. I have worked a lot of doubles... A few triples.... What do you call five consecutive shifts?

Water... Soon to be lots of coffee.

Five consecutive shifts = time to look for a new job in my book. Good luck man.

Coffee. Chilly this morning but at least no white stuff for us.

Well, was about an hour away from finishing up paperwork and debating if a bill the full double or just 13 or 14 hours since I was working from home when I find out I am heading back in and staying till about four tomorrow afternoon. I have worked a lot of doubles... A few triples.... What do you call five consecutive shifts?

Water... Soon to be lots of coffee.

Hell? I found that I get a little giddy and loopy after about 18 hours. At 20, I am pretty worthless. Then again I am supposed to be thinking at work so that is no good. Thankfully doubles are few and far between. doubles and a half are even rarer, and I have yet to have to sit through a triple.

Just googled it. A 5 in a row would be a Quintuple or Pentuple. Sounds like something that happens when you have too many kids, and the second sounds like something that teenagers suffer from.

This while I try to find the gas leak. Frustrating as hell.
View attachment 273014

Found I have a leaky PRV on one of my kegs. Weirdly enough it was holding pressure until I moved it from the conditioning/fermentation chamber to my keezer. Odd. Glad to see you probably got it sorted out. Its never fun when you come home to an empty co2 tank and flat beer.

Water.

20 gal kettle arrives today after bitching out Staples and getting free 2 day shipping.

Yeah. I buy brewing gear from Staples. Wanna fight about it?

This while I try to find the gas leak. Frustrating as hell.
View attachment 273014

Like @drunklejon mentioned, it could be a leaky PRV. For me, the leak could not be detected with my typical star san spray. I don't use soap, it's causes a mess in my keezer. After thinking everything was okay, I lost another tank of gas. It turned out to be the gas connection from the tank to the manifold. The worm clamp was loose and I didn't realize it.

Good luck and I hope it was fixed.

Coffee and protein shake. 5:30 am wake up call by my pup puking on the carpet. She's playful and happy now, no idea what's up with that monster.

Coffee and water.

Ramping up to a 10K on Saturday, and I haven't run more than about a mile or two on the treadmill at the gym. Did a treadmill 5k Tuesday and then got in 5 miles before 0530 this morning in the cold.

ouch. Saturday will not be pleasant.

Back