What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bud lite, for those that hate the taste of BEER

I don't normally hate on BMC (my love of High Life in the summer is well documented here), but your post reminded me of being out with a few neighborhood guys. Three of us ordered IPAs and the fourth guy honestly said, "I drink for the buzz, I don't like how beer tastes...I'll just have a Bud Light".

Jealous of all you fools and your nice weather. Ain't seen the sunshine in 3 damn days.

On the watizzle my nizzle.

Jealous of all you fools and your nice weather. Ain't seen the sunshine in 3 damn days.

On the watizzle my nizzle.

Don't know how your winters are, but we don't see the sun here for four months. But on the local news today, they said there is some organization that ranks the daily weather around the world on a daily basis and today the Detroit area ranked number 1 in the world. I'm digging it.

I don't normally hate on BMC (my love of High Life in the summer is well documented here), but your post reminded me of being out with a few neighborhood guys. Three of us ordered IPAs and the fourth guy honestly said, "I drink for the buzz, I don't like how beer tastes...I'll just have a Bud Light".

Everclear is more efficient but to each their own.

I thought grandpas drank Altas...mine did.

Both my grandfathers died long before I was born, but they were both from the mountains of Kentucky; so, I'm betting they drank hootch. So I'm drinking "rhymes with", a.k.a. Bootch.

Maybe beer tonight...after delivering steak dinner to my grandbaby-mamma and visiting the wee one.:)

Don't know how your winters are, but we don't see the sun here for four months. But on the local news today, they said there is some organization that ranks the daily weather around the world on a daily basis and today the Detroit area ranked number 1 in the world. I'm digging it.

SD, WY, ND and MN winters can all be real close to each other. Rapid City excluded for the most part. negative temps with high winds, a lot of blowing snow causing white out conditions. not the kind of weather you want to be pipe welding in.

SD, WY, ND and MN winters can all be real close to each other. Rapid City excluded for the most part. negative temps with high winds, a lot of blowing snow causing white out conditions. not the kind of weather you want to be pipe welding in.

Not the kind of weather you want to do anything except drink stouts north of 12% ABV all day.

All true. Lots of August-November babies in those states.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1429388948.248494.jpg
Had this last night- bought it for the extreme novelty of the product (Ninkasi literally sent the yeast into space and back). Strong stout, the chocolate and coffee flavors really jumped out, don't pick up on the hazelnut so much. Lot of ass on the beer, too- OG was 1100 on it, so I think I should've aged it to mellow out the heat. Sticky sweetness. Even being a good beer, the price definitely went toward the novelty- not the taste.

I get that they are colder than us. But are they more devoid of sun? That's what I don't know.

Rest of the pour, on the porch in peace...while it lasts (it's almost 4:00...)! A good slippers and pajamas kind of day!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1429390456.366119.jpgNow that I think of it, i should've saved the ale with hemp in it I had a week or 2 ago for 4/20 ;) I don't remember what it was called, but I'm pretty sure there was no purpose or benefit to having hemp in it, other than the novelty of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Friend brought FFF beer. I haven't even looked to see what he brought. I made him stay and polish off my Norm. Semi-smacked...kids are eating delivery tonight.

...also, 1st time I've had the enjoy by. Bottle says "devastatingly dank" --- I'm not really picking that up. Pretty smooth drinking.

Ever open a beer, go clean something, pour yourself one, only to realize that you had just opened one? Yup. Some days are a marathon, today is a sprint.

Did that a week ago, except my wife said "why'd you just pour a big scotch, you hadn't finished that beer you poured earlier..."

My response was, "we have a 2 week old (no further explanation needed), and obviously the beer wasn't memorable enough to recall that I'd poured it 10 mins earlier!"

Need more sleep!!

Just had the house we offered on taken out from underneath us. Guess it's time to drink. Heavily.

Did they sign your offer?

That sucks to hear but you might have some options other than drinking heavily. You can still do that as well.

Just had the house we offered on taken out from underneath us. Guess it's time to drink. Heavily.

Chitballs, dude. Despite all the negative stuff posted on here, the day you buy your first house rivals the day of your first kid's birth in terms of great days. I made an offer on one house in my life...and I'm sitting in it right now. Sucks, man, but I'm sure you'll find another.

They stopped showing it and took off market. Only thing we couldn't do was sign contracts until Monday. The one person that saw it besides us, bid over listed price.

Thanks all. Southern tier IPA.

Back