What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn thats beautiful! You age it on fruit?

Spent some time this morning calibrating my sour bottling bucket past 5 gallons. Realized how off it was and did the entire thing, plus my clean beer bucket. Wtf?!
View attachment 258540View attachment 258541

Damnit. I've always been suspect of my ale pails graduation markings. Looks like I'll be doing the same. Thanks for the heads up. More coffee.

Damnit. I've always been suspect of my ale pails graduation markings. Looks like I'll be doing the same. Thanks for the heads up. More coffee.

I figured they were and always went above the 5 gallon mark when bottling, but never thought it was that bad. The way i calibrated it was to weigh out 65 degree water in half gallon increments which is 1892 grams. It may have been overkill haha

Lake Walk Pale Ale

DSC01115.JPG

Damn thats beautiful! You age it on fruit?

Spent some time this morning calibrating my sour bottling bucket past 5 gallons. Realized how off it was and did the entire thing, plus my clean beer bucket. Wtf?!
View attachment 258540View attachment 258541

Yeah, about 10lbs.

I had to do my buckets also, they were off about the same as yours.

At Avery's Taproom:

Mint Chocolate Stout
Clio
Rocky Mountain Olson's
Dry Hopped IPA (Amarillo)
SMaSH #2: Lemondrop
Tweak (aka: Meph Addict)

The food is Rumpkin Bread Pudding.
I miss Avery Alley but they did this right. Just like I would expect from them.

I'm salivating just imagining what that pudding tastes like!

At Avery's Taproom:

Mint Chocolate Stout
Clio
Rocky Mountain Olson's
Dry Hopped IPA (Amarillo)
SMaSH #2: Lemondrop
Tweak (aka: Meph Addict)

The food is Rumpkin Bread Pudding.
I miss Avery Alley but they did this right. Just like I would expect from them.

How was the lemondrop? just ordered 4 oz a few days ago on a whim.

How was the lemondrop? just ordered 4 oz a few days ago on a whim.

I had a Tweak before that one...only because I missed it on the menu.

But I am going to order a pound when I get home. It was a base malt (Briess Pale?) at 5.5%. I could drink it all day.

So good.

I didn't have a chance to ask any questions about it, as SWMBO's Reuben and Bread Pudding to go arrived just after they poured me a taster.

Back