What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alpine Brewing- Exponential Hoppiness, Pure Hoppiness and Duet (TIPA and DIPA and IPA). Really great beers, and should be more readily available after the Green Flash buyout. Got them for my wife to try (shes allergic to wheat) and the whole Alpine series are "Gluten Reduced", so far havent made her sick and they taste way good. :mug:

Pour of my mixed fruit blonde. We got our first snow of fall today.

1415915323647.jpg

Pour of my mixed fruit blonde. We got our first snow of fall today.

My son prayed for snow today. and I quote " I prayed for snow so everybody could have fun.", the simplicity of life when you are 6 years old.

Here in the south, if you just say the word "snow" schools close , milk and bread disappears off the shelves.

how the flocc did we beat you?

Ummm you're west of us and weather tends to go west to east? :confused:

My son prayed for snow today. and I quote " I prayed for snow so everybody could have fun.", the simplicity of life when you are 6 years old.

Here in the south, if you just say the word "snow" schools close , milk and bread disappears off the shelves.

When I grew up on long island they'd close everything with an inch. Upon moving to buffalo we expected to get outta school over minimal snow. Only for 3' in one day did schools here close. One of my clients loves snow, so he gets blamed every time it does haha :)

it is ~40F here now and people are dressed like they are in Alaska. I spent time with family in Boston and Wisconsin, these people are clueless as to what cold is.

growing up and living in the northern end (SD, MT, WY, MN), I can't help but laugh a little at the southern view of snow. but then, how would I feel with 2000% humidity and 125F? or alligators in my pool? or a wave of mullets in my back yard?

growing up and living in the northern end (SD, MT, WY, MN), I can't help but laugh a little at the southern view of snow. but then, how would I feel with 2000% humidity and 125F? or alligators in my pool? or a wave of mullets in my back yard?

Living here my whole life, I still have not gotten used to the humidity. No worries about alligators, but I do see the occasional mullet just not in my back yard.

There is an engineer who brings samples in for testing and he has a mullet, he just refuses to let the 80's die.

Living here my whole life, I still have not gotten used to the humidity. No worries about alligators, but I do see the occasional mullet just not in my back yard.

There is an engineer who brings samples in for testing and he has a mullet, he just refuses to let the 80's die.

we still get them here too. my brother and I used to play WalMart Mullet Tag.

Carb tester of my Malt Liquor. I could actually drink a sh**ton of this. I'm amazed how good this is. I should have bottled it in 40's as I'd initially planned.

Carb tester of my Malt Liquor. I could actually drink a sh**ton of this. I'm amazed how good this is. I should have bottled it in 40's as I'd initially planned.

Do I remember you putting the recipe on the tread? I'm starting to be intrigued.

Parti-gyle, wish I had taken better notes on this, it's quite good,

IMG_5149.jpg

We really don't know what to do with it. You can keep it. We'll keep our air that you can drink. ;)

Do I remember you putting the recipe on the tread? I'm starting to be intrigued.

Parti-gyle, wish I had taken better notes on this, it's quite good,

I didn't. But it's simple:

66% old German Pils malt (mine was about a year and a half old), 33% flaked corn. OG of 1.070. Stupidly complicated infusion step mash for no apparent reason, 130 for 20, 145 for 45, 157 for 30, 168 for 10. Whole leaf Crystal hops (again a year and a half old although still in their original package and frozen). 23 IBUs worth at 75 mins, 2 IBUs worth at 10 mins. And then pitch a massive starter of Wyeast 2206 Bavarian Lager, ferment at 58 for two weeks, raise to 65 for another week. FG of 1.016. Then bottle/keg to 2.5 volumes. No lagering.

I wanted to burn through old malt and hops. I didn't expect something drinkable, let alone good. :mug:

This. Great name. Beer is good... Not my thing. Taste is much more like raspberries than blackberries. Slightly tart. Over carbed.

1415919454437.jpg

Enjoying this thanks to @finsfan and have the FBS on deck. It's smokey with hints of plum... ;)

1415920275823.jpg

Now for the oak-barrel aged version of my RIS. Same recipe, brewed separately and aged in my oak barrel

My head feels all sorts of tingly after this one. TWSS. Buzz?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415921068.041523.jpg

It's a Sixpoint night all of a sudden? Am I going to have to flocc-up a Bengali right now? ****.

It's a Sixpoint night all of a sudden? Am I going to have to flocc-up a Bengali right now? ****.

Not that you need the encouragement but I support you having one. I predict I will have another or six.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Had a brekkie stout from founders and now am drinking my first ever mad elf. Its... okay. I really do not think I like what cherry does to beers, haven't had one I really liked yet. does the old fruit flavor fade with time?

Back