What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing. Just finished my lawn and have half a cigar from yesterday sitting in the garage. Going to finish off this turd then retire to the basement with a Chub to watch football.

Centennial Blonde on a brew day. Mashing in an amber rye ale.

1410717141149.jpg

Another pull of Summer Ale and cleaning up after an uneventful brewday. 1.077 Old Ale in the books with my house 1469, 4 weeks or so it'll go into secondary for a nice long nap with Brett C. before bottling in another year.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410722358.283887.jpg

Hydro sample of Amarillo wheat. Little thinner than last time. Was shooting for a 1.010 fg and got 1.005. I didn't have any flaked wheat so I just left it out without replacing as well. All the same, it taste lovely. This would have been amazing six weeks ago. With temps outside being what they are, I should have brewed a stout.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I ran through another oxygen canister which seems premature. The other one had a leak but this one is just empty. I don't get it. Good luck with your brew day as well man!

I'm about 30 minutes into my boil. I had to get a new canister of oxygen...Thought it seemed too soon, but it was definitely not putting out any oxygen. And my Brewer's Friend recipe builder must be WAY underestimating my BIAB efficiency (34%), because I thought I was going to have to add 3lbs of DME to get my SG right, but pre-boil exceeded projection before adding any. I'm actually glad I can leave it out! More coffee while I wait for the 15 minute additions. How is yours going? Something with pecans sounds very interesting!

IMAG3573.jpg

I have a new holland bomber that is supposed to be a homage to mole sauce. I only bought it because I couldn't believe someone made it. The only one I have sampled was a habanero porter at evil chech brewery... Lit me up so bad I couldn't enjoy their other beers... And I like spicy.

Apfelwein sample... Kegged.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410726069.130520.jpg

The description on the back of the bottle uses the word effervescence. After a quick swirl and a one nostril sniff... I totally taste that.

FG sample of my imperial flanders red which also happens to be my first sour. I don't typically toot my own horn, but I'd say this was a successful brew. Fruity, sour, tart, nice lactic bite. Came in at 1.004 but it's not too thin in the mouthfeel and doesn't finish super dry either. I think I'll be bottling this next weekend.

CameraZOOM-20140914161958622.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410729939.326570.jpgnow I get the mosaic.

Actually, that last little bit just tasted like dead yeast.

Back