What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have edworts recipe bubbling right now. Anything I need to know that the posted instructions won't tell me?

I am drunk and searching for a dd cause a really good cl deal might fall through if I don't find someone to take me sixty miles to get three perlik taps with wall mount length backs for 55 bucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Keep it in heavy rotation. Constantly have it fermenting.

Good luck on the dd.

Thanks for the recipe. I'll let you know it turns out when I brew it. Do you think it's necessary to bottle condition? I'd rather keg it and if what you say is true about them bottling with a different strain then I don't think it would matter much if I keg it.

Well, it's either bottle conditioned or on cask. I'm going to be doing both, and I don't (can't) keg anyway. There shouldn't be any harm in kegging it though.

I'm not sure if it's a different strain or not. It's possible that it's the same yeast and just old/mutated. But the character wasn't the same, so I don't know. I actually emailed the brewery asking if they bottled with their fermentation strain and never heard back.

Drinking Dr. Pepper.

I have edworts recipe bubbling right now. Anything I need to know that the posted instructions won't tell me?

I am drunk and searching for a dd cause a really good cl deal might fall through if I don't find someone to take me sixty miles to get three perlik taps with wall mount length backs for 55 bucks!

I've got my first batch in carboy, too. Consensus seems to be no carbonation, right?

I used more brown sugar than called for in a one gallon batch. Just extra potent...
Which reminds me, I need to buy more apple juice to get a new batch going.

I'm drinking "reincarnated as a cloud floating over other adjectives and superlatives" by Tired Hands.

You've probably never heard of it...
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408927768.286808.jpg

I used more brown sugar than called for in a one gallon batch. Just extra potent...
Which reminds me, I need to buy more apple juice to get a new batch going.

I use 2# corn sugar and 2# light brown sugar as well as a couple cinnamon sticks in a 5 gallon batch.
Gotta keg a batch and make another batch or two. Might bottle a
6 gallon batch.

A couple HB zombie dusts to calm the nerves. In less than 12 hrs my son is to b born.

Congrats! There's nothing to worry about other than bringing him home and raising him!

Had a nugget nectar with grilled pizza. Onto a cherry wheat as the other keg was kicked last night.

A couple HB zombie dusts to calm the nerves. In less than 12 hrs my son is to b born.

Congrats!

I'm drinking "reincarnated as a cloud floating over other adjectives and superlatives" by Tired Hands.

You've probably never heard of it...
View attachment 219859

I oughta send them a C&D. I have a beer with the exact same name...:drunk:

Drinking an Old Bust Head English Pale Ale

Congrats! As the father of only daughters, I envy you.

With a boy you only have one penis to worry about. With girls you have to consider every swinging dick a potential enemy.

Coffee. Life went to **** and it's gonna be a long night.

Caffiene Free Diet Coke.

Initiated a starter for my cider. I'm using 2 qts crab apple juice, 2 qts Pink Cripps apple juice, a gallon of water, campden, yeast nutrient, and pectic enzyme, plus 3-1/2 lbs white sugar. So, I had to make a decision on yeast. I didn't want to use Champagne yeast...too dry, not enough apple flavor. I didn't have anything else on hand, except harvested Belle Saison and rejuvenated Edinburgh Ale. I didn't think the saison yeast would be appropriate and the Edinburgh Ale seems to be used by a lot of cider makers, so that's the choice...if I can wake it up in a starter.

DSC05362.jpg

Awesome! Good luck to you.

Today my two year old was playing "delivery man" with my wife. He gave her groceries then she asked what was in the box he gave to daddy. Beer! he said, hahahaha.

More TH goodness here.

Stupid question, but I am half drunk and trust your opinions... Is there a good pumpkin beer I should search out? As my six year old said, "that's sounds gross and I don't even drink beer."

Stupid question, but I am half dunk and trust your opinions... Is there a good pumpkin beer I should search out? As my six year old said, "that's sounds gross and I don't even drink beer."

I share your sons feelings on the issue. Around here everyone raves about uplands offering. I have not been willing to subject myself to it. Autumn already had octoberfest. Let it be.

One last hopkilla dipa, then gonna do a precautionary head lice treatment as my daughter still has the **** and we can't shake it.

Stupid question, but I am half dunk and trust your opinions... Is there a good pumpkin beer I should search out? As my six year old said, "that's sounds gross and I don't even drink beer."

Pumpkin beers get big around here in the fall, but I've truly detested every one I've ever tried. Literally, they've all been drain pours.

The big two around here are from Schlafly and O'fallon Brewery. People lose their **** over them.

The only really good pumpkin beer I've had is Pumking.

At least I haven't been missing out with my pumpkin disgust. I'm ready for stouts, not pumpkin beer.

At least I haven't been missing out with my pumpkin disgust. I'm ready for stouts, not pumpkin beer.

Yeah stick to stouts pumpkin beer sucks! I'm completely over it. Also why the hell was Pumpking on the shelves in July?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408933369.844972.jpg celebrating with some triple as my girlfriends mom just let us know she would pick up two bottles of golden Brett from alagash and ship them to va. I saw it in the fodure last week an I am very excited to get a taste

Back