What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe I still had this. Just laying in the fruit drawer of the fridge.

1406595974698.jpg

1406595989401.jpg

Waiting for ribs at the grocery store... With 22 taps!

Old Ox brewing Black ox rye porter, hoffbrau kellerbier.

A grocery store with ribs and 22 taps?! Heaven! What store?

Drinking an HB Major Nelson IPA. Went to LHBS Saturday while "Big Brew" was going on and sampled someone else's version of this (we brewed at the same event) and it was very close to mine...including this odd carb situation. Big head...have to pour VERY slowly. Head is soft and holds on, but the beer isn't really much overcarbed. Spicy, pepper kind of finish. I didn't brew Saturday...went for a yeast class by SouthYeast. Very interesting small, regional yeast start-up. Need to do some cider blends with their yeast this Fall!

My first attempt at yeast harvesting (Belle Saison) and making a starter went into a Citra Saison today...sitting on a heating pad and wrapped in a Space Blanket, chugging away! (One gallon carboy in front is going to get a pound of fresh cherries in secondary...cherries are in the freezer with some vodka now.)

DSC05140.jpg

DSC05137.jpg

Not for nothing but about an hour after drinking it, I burped and it tasted like I just chewed on a handful of hops. I like this brew.

Haha that is awesome. It is certainly one of the best IIPA's available to me, if not the best. Great brew, glad you enjoyed it.

It wasn't bad. I had to buy the growler since I didn't have a 32oz one. All I have are 64oz'ers. You know, go big or go home :) It was $15 all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It wasn't bad. I had to buy the growler since I didn't have a 32oz one. All I have are 64oz'ers. You know, go big or go home :) It was $15 all together.

That's not bad at all for what it is. I'm having Griffin Claws Norms Gateway IPA, possible nightcap.

1406604562091.jpg

Man, that's not bad at all. Around here, no one would probably ever do growlers of KBS. And if they did, it'd probably be close to $30 for a 32oz alone. That's assuming you bring your own growler. Growler fills in Houston are a ripoff. Most places charge way too much. The only time I get any filled is if it's something I want to try that's tap only. If it's a beer that's bottle/canned, we're better off just buying it packaged.

Man, that's not bad at all. Around here, no one would probably ever do growlers of KBS. And if they did, it'd probably be close to $30 for a 32oz alone. That's assuming you bring your own growler. Growler fills in Houston are a ripoff. Most places charge way too much. The only time I get any filled is if it's something I want to try that's tap only. If it's a beer that's bottle/canned, we're better off just buying it packaged.

I didn't think it was bad at all. I was surprised to see it offered in growlers as well. They had to do a tap take over in order to get the keg of KBS. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I don't think Founders makes a bad beer. Third and final pour. Along with an Oreo garnish.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406606537.918067.jpg

Please explain.

Real Ale White. Hoppy wheat, not really a witbier, but I like it.

View attachment 214192

Which part? The 1.028 or the test?
You can take a sample of your beer and put it in a container, I use a flask, then pitch some yeast that is known to eat through anything like a wine yeast. If it ferments anymore then fermentation is stuck, if not, fermentation was done. So if I am at 1.028 because my yeast was done then fine. I won't think twice about re pitching. If it ferments then I have to make a choice about pitching something else. My goal and hope is that it is just done. Nothing more. I can live with 1.028 but half this batch is going to another home and I can't afford bottle bomb issues.

About to hit the last little gulp of this HB Matt's Summer Ale. It's been a long day and I need a few hours of sleep before 6:15 rolls around and I have to start the hour of struggling to convince my 12 yr old daughter to get out of bed. I feel good about accomplishing some things today...a batch of beer in primary pitched with harvested yeast in a starter...a couple of new steps for me! Caught up on my brew journal blog and reading through some posts here. Aaaaand good night!

Oh, Hello, there were no holes in my foil...should there have been? Ha ha...missed that question the first time around.

DSC05142.jpg

$15, lol.

It would never happen here, but if it did, it'd be $30-40. 12oz bottles were $10/limit one...

Yeah, judging by PtY if would be $10 for an 8oz pour and they would make an "event" out of it. In a lot of cases also requiring you to buy something else first. Great find for you though! :mug:

Mm. Great pub tour last night in VT. Tried grassroots Legitimacy IPA, HF George brown ale, HF enlightenment pale ale and Lawsons/Vermont Brew Pub Spruce IPA. Top that off with being able to grab two 4 packs of Heady and a bomber of the new Bent Hill Brewing IPA, and that makes for a good session!

About to hit the last little gulp of this HB Matt's Summer Ale. It's been a long day and I need a few hours of sleep before 6:15 rolls around and I have to start the hour of struggling to convince my 12 yr old daughter to get out of bed. I feel good about accomplishing some things today...a batch of beer in primary pitched with harvested yeast in a starter...a couple of new steps for me! Caught up on my brew journal blog and reading through some posts here. Aaaaand good night!

Oh, Hello, there were no holes in my foil...should there have been? Ha ha...missed that question the first time around.

Nope I just thought it was foaming. :)

Coffee. It's gonna be a busy day.

Same here. I'll be very busy mastering the 12-ounce curl today on the deck.

Second Coff. Decided I didn't want to drive 40 miles to training. Instead, I'm doing it remotely and going to another new, local brewery to get some beer. They're not officially open yet. It's just good to know people.

Back