What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another great one from Weyerbacher. The cherries don't overpower, but they marry well with the fruity Belgian yeast character. Drinking this while waiting to hear the NHC results on the live feed.

1402794761514.jpg

And now for something completely different. Had a bottle of this in the "cellar" for a while. Didn't want to crack it open, so bought a fresh one. Very, very good. Makes me excited to try the aged one.

20140614_211049[1].jpg

Every time I open one, I'm reminded how potent and sneaky apfelwein is :drunk:

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

How is it? And more subjectively, is it worth the coin?
My Rye PA

I didnt buy it...it was a gift from a friend...so i dont know the price

That being said it was very good...I'm not a trappist fan at all tho... Id put this at the edge of the style tho...meaning its prolly a good beer to see if youd like the style but some one who knows they like the style would prolly say its meh..

Hope that helps

Another great one from Weyerbacher. The cherries don't overpower, but they marry well with the fruity Belgian yeast character. Drinking this while waiting to hear the NHC results on the live feed.

Hmm. Just bottled a beer that sounds very similar to that.

Had these tonight plus was letting family from out of town sample some homebrews while sampling myself lol

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402801882.621133.jpg

Must say DFH must pay close attention to that one because it's a pretty solid beer unlike some of there other that are either over or under for me

Just back from Fortnight Brewery...nitro English Ale, ESB and a 1/2 pint of a 8.4% small batch barleywine (a little sweet for me, but smooth and malty...no alcohol heat). Having the Boulevard Smokestack Series Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale. I'm getting the same kind of clove spice thing in the nose and flavor that I get in a hefeweissen...but I like better here for some reason. Poured a nice 1 finger, white soft head that dissipated to a surface cover, leaving lots of lace. Woo...just noticed it's an 8.5% ABV! That may do it for tonight. Ratebeer gives it a 99. Descriptions are grapefruit to peppery dry finish and spice...yeah, I can see that. Others include bread and biscuit...I don't have the experience to say that I get that. But I like it!

I might go do a little pre-prep work for father in-law's Father's Day Breakfast before bed. Hmmm...knife skills vs barleywine and 8.5% farmhouse ale. Wish me luck!

DSC05013.jpg

Pale ale night. Had a couple pale ale's from wind river brewery at an awesome local BBQ place then some HB pales at home with a few games of spades. Hitting the water hard now.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402803858.587638.jpg
Don't mind the glass it's my German style pils... Pretty good for first lager attempt!

Home from work at 3am. Had a Founder's Devil Dancer, now a Mother's Doozy DIPA. Gotta gear up for 2 weeks of night shifts, so late night drinking it is.

Coffee. All the decent beer I have in the fridge is dark stuff. Need to hit the beer store for some lighter fare to do yard work by later today.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

on the cawfeh. not some kinda mochachini-frapalini. just plain, normal, regular, everyday khaahwfeh.

Yeah, I like coffee flavored coffee, too. But I tend not to say that anymore because it reminds me of my old stubborn father in law who insists that IPA is beer for people who don't like the taste of beer.

Yeah, I like coffee flavored coffee, too. But I tend not to say that anymore because it reminds me of my old stubborn father in law who insists that IPA is beer for people who don't like the taste of beer.

I was in a coffee shop about a decade ago that specialized in espresso drinks. they also had some local roasted gourmet coffee. some wannabe cowboy walked in and made a huge fuss about wanting "cawfeh. not some kinda mochachini-frapalini. just plain, normal, regular, everyday khaahwfeh.". it's been a good source of humor for me

Back