What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone put vanilla in a brown? Does that sound terrible? I have 4 gallons of it that I was thinking of putting vanilla in and 4.5 gallons of the same that I was thinking of leaving. This was a Rouge Shakespeare stout that was scaled up wrong by the LHBS (and me) and turned out a roasty (if that is possible) brown. I intended one to be vanilla and the other to be something else.

I used NB's recipe for a Surly Bender clone and added coffee, vanilla, and cacao nibs to it. Tastes great other than being gushingly overcarbed. I like coffee in a brown.

If it's already too roasty for you, might not want coffee, but the vanilla might help round it out.

Mango rita... Looks like orange soda...tastes like poop

1394142784094.jpg

That's a bit extreme don't you think. After running out of urine, I'd explore the possibility of drinking sand at least a few times before doing something as extreme as drinking a Coors light...
;)

I know its extreme but, you know how I feel about sand.

Left hand milk stout nitro and now new holland cabin fever. It's legitimately steal the glass night for new holland as opposed to what I allegedly do.

A fuzzy pic like I'm fuzzymitten at 2 am.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394147197.639344.jpg

Won't brown sugar just ferment out? I do not like hazelnut enough to commit beer to the flavor. I'd like to do something with 1/2 of this because it seems like it could use some thing else. Can you rack beer over nuts to make it more nutty?

Drinking water.

Extracts work well. That or powdered peanut butter.

Cough is back, kind of rounding out the day. Maybe a shot before bed later.

Water.

Attachments

• photo (17).jpg
    photo (17).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 82
That looks sick with the white!:rockin:

Drinking Pizza Boy Sunny Side Up I <3 U. Bourbon Barrel aged coffee stout with raspberries added. Not wasting any time of this one. Absolutely amazing!

Yeah, we like the white ones the best

Real Ale full moon rye on cask w/ simcoe dry hop. Very good.

Late flight home today, so stopped in here for a couple.

Can't do no wrong with whip in. I'll be in town for the 16-18. Definitely need to meet up for a drink and drop off some HBs. I'm rushing to get some ready.

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394150905.903198.jpg

Perennial Sump Stout. This is the same base beer as Abraxas but it has Sump coffee in it. Badass label and beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Can't do no wrong with whip in. I'll be in town for the 16-18. Definitely need to meet up for a drink and drop off some HBs. I'm rushing to get some ready.

I'll have a couple HBs ready and need to sample one this weekend to see if it's ready to bottle.

Is Wes around then too? Or just for the weekend?

Let me know if either of you guys want anything specific from my neck of the woods. Otherwise I'll grab a couple surprises.

Latest posts

Back