What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why you make six gallons. :D

This one will be racked onto raspberries.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I ususally do 10gal batches and will probably squeak it out to 12 next time I brew this... Gonna harvest some of the brett and make an all brett IPA with it next :ban:

I ususally do 10gal batches and will probably squeak it out to 12 next time I brew this... Gonna harvest some of the brett and make an all brett IPA with it next :ban:

That sounds good but I've always wondered how brett and lots of hops would turn out.

That sounds good but I've always wondered how brett and lots of hops would turn out.

Depends on the brett and the hops... The strain I am using is more fruity and less "funk" so it should turn out good with some citrus and tropical fruit hops.

My warrior/Conan pale ale.

Who says Conan doesn't clear-up? No Irish moss or cold crash. Just took this out of the cellar so It hasn't has a chance to sit at fridge temp. I have no more room in the fridge for other beers.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393871615.260406.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393871626.836294.jpg

My warrior/Conan pale ale.

Who says Conan doesn't clear-up? No Irish moss or cold crash. Just took this out of the cellar so It hasn't has a chance to sit at fridge temp. I have no more room in the fridge for other beers.

View attachment 183395
View attachment 183397

I would be thrilled to see my MO/Mosaic with conan clear that nicely :mug:

Nugget nector on a Monday at 115pm. Coming to the conclusion that my days of brewing are probably over for a whole bunch of reasons. Meh.

I had that moment once. Got rid of that feeling by brewing again. Started small and simple (I think it was a 1 gallon Brooklyn Brewery gift box) Started it one day and never looked back. Hope you get back into the swing of things soon.

Snow day= Rogue Integrity Ale

:off: Unrelated: I never noticed that Stone has CA Prop 65 warning on their bottles...because, you know, the dangerous thing about bombers of Arrogant Bastard is surely the paint on the outside of the bottle.

Afternoon coff-

unrealted question - anyone make rice wine from the thread here? ive seen a few post they were drinking rice wine- im a bit confused on what rice to use- any one care to share what kind of rice they used?

Afternoon coff-

unrealted question - anyone make rice wine from the thread here? ive seen a few post they were drinking rice wine- im a bit confused on what rice to use- any one care to share what kind of rice they used?

I use jasmine rice because I prefer the flavor. But there's quite a few who prefer sweet short grain rice.

Loving my latest IPA. Papaya bomb. Cleared up nicely without Irish moss for a cold crash. Eh.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393875046.223379.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393875058.199378.jpg

Afternoon coff-

The two batches I've done have been jasmine, I have a couple of hybrids going but still mostly jasmine.
Do it so easy, so good!

I use jasmine rice because I prefer the flavor. But there's quite a few who prefer sweet short grain rice.

The two batches I've done have been jasmine, I have a couple of hybrids going but still mostly jasmine.
Do it so easy, so good!

just regular jasmine rice you find in the grocery store?

just regular jasmine rice you find in the grocery store?

I use straight up Thai Jasmine Rice right from the megamart. It's the one I prefer most. I also threw in a few extra yeast balls and a small sample bag of Red Yeast Rice. Let me know how you like it.

I use straight up Thai Jasmine Rice right from the megamart. It's the one I prefer most. I also threw in a few extra yeast balls and a small sample bag of Red Yeast Rice. Let me know how you like it.

How are you using the RYR, the last batch I used a couple of grams with two balls, while still quite tasty I preferred the yeast ball by themselves. I have another with 5 grams. I'll wait and see, not that it will go to waste!

Wondering if anyone here has collaborated with a fellow HBT'er on a brew. And, if so, what did you brew?

How are you using the RYR, the last batch I used a couple of grams with two balls, while still quite tasty I preferred the yeast ball by themselves. I have another with 5 grams. I'll wait and see, not that it will go to waste!

Very small quantities of RYR to a batch. Probably just enough to get some color. My first batches using it gave it a fruity touch. I've tried using it in larger quantities but it tended to taste more chalky and smell a bit off.

In the last 6-7 months i haven't been using it. I usually brew according to the original post in the thread just in larger quantities.

About to pour myself a glass. All this talk about it is making me crave it. :)

Wondering if anyone here has collaborated with a fellow HBT'er on a brew. And, if so, what did you brew?

I have not yet. Trying to get a big collaboration going on national hb day tho :D

Sent from a happy little tree

Back