What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one of you aholes (I mean that lovingly) posted a pic of this which in turn made me want it? It's absolutely disgusting. image-3109036873.jpg

WesleyS said:
Hmmm, what to drink... Not the most impressive selection chilled at the moment, but I'm just happy to have this beer fridge full again. It was starting to look pathetic.
Don't drink the Oracle. I want that one.

You can drink the Serendipity.

:mug: happy to help!

Hello said:
Which one of you ******** posted a pic of this which in turn made me want it? It's absolutely disgusting.

Steel Reserve? And what part of that made you want it?

allenH said:
Steel Reserve? And what part of that made you want it?
:-( it was in the craft brew section and I thought someone posted it. Maybe it was Nozzle Nizzle. RIP

A cheap Bishops barrel 3 :)

I recognize that style of table! :) Sorry I wasn't able to get a chance to pick up some brew from you before I left, but family obligations trump beer, unfortunately.

I am now having a bomber of Wesley's It's a Trapp Belgian pale ale. Very solid BPA with noticeable Trappist character (WLP500, right, Wes?) and the late/dry additions of Sorachi Ace give it a nice little citrus kick that compliments the base beer well. Well done, Wes.

Hello said:
:-( it was in the craft brew section and I thought someone posted it. Maybe it was Nozzle Nizzle. RIP
It was fuzzy. Context is important if you can find his post.

Dat fo'ty definitely shouldn't have been in the craft section.

Be mad at your bottle shop, not fuzzy

It was posted here, though I don't remember by whom (I think it was Fuzzy), but they specifically prefaced the post by saying they were drinking it because they were too drunk to properly appreciate craft beer any further. It's OK, though, we all make mistakes. Most of have the good sense not to post about them, though. ;)

coldcrash said:
It was fuzzy. Context is important if you can find his post.

Dat fo'ty definitely shouldn't have been in the craft section.

Be mad at your bottle shop, not fuzzy

Hmmmm...steel reserve! Good call on the context!

Hmmm, what to drink...

Not the most impressive selection chilled at the moment, but I'm just happy to have this beer fridge full again. It was starting to look pathetic.

If you do not want any of those I'm happy to take some off your hands ;).

I recognize that style of table! :) Sorry I wasn't able to get a chance to pick up some brew from you before I left,

It's OK nuke I know what you mean. We had a good time Monday with Wes and got a free dinner and if you want trade what ever let me know. I'll include some home brew

coldcrash said:
It was fuzzy. Context is important if you can find his post. Dat fo'ty definitely shouldn't have been in the craft section. Be mad at your bottle shop, not fuzzy
nukebrewer said:
It was posted here, though I don't remember by whom (I think it was Fuzzy), but they specifically prefaced the post by saying they were drinking it because they were too drunk to properly appreciate craft beer any further. It's OK, though, we all make mistakes. Most of have the good sense not to post about them, though. ;)
allenH said:
Hmmmm...steel reserve! Good call on the context!

Bottle shop was food lion. Haha
Be nice. I had a rough night/week/year.

This is mildly better.

image-1634985905.jpg

allenH said:
Looks good to me, except the Mango Magnifico, that one was hard for me to finish.
What's the waxed bottle? (Maybe foil topped)
Serendipity. There are some foil top bottles in the back, but those are a Mephistopheles and a Samael. Both going on 3 years old.
Hello said:
Which one of you aholes (I mean that lovingly) posted a pic of this which in turn made me want it? It's absolutely disgusting.
It was Fuzzymuffintop. That stuff looks Bleh!
mcbaumannerb said:
Looks like New Glarus Serendipity ... and I'm hoping Magnifico is easier to drink with age since I was given a 2nd bottle.
I guess I'll probably drink the mango soon. I've been wanting to try it.
coldcrash said:
Don't drink the Oracle. I want that one.

You can drink the Serendipity.

:mug: happy to help!
Haha! Yeah I'm looking forward to the Oracle.

nukebrewer said:
I recognize that style of table! :) Sorry I wasn't able to get a chance to pick up some brew from you before I left, but family obligations trump beer, unfortunately.

I am now having a bomber of Wesley's It's a Trapp Belgian pale ale. Very solid BPA with noticeable Trappist character (WLP500, right, Wes?) and the late/dry additions of Sorachi Ace give it a nice little citrus kick that compliments the base beer well. Well done, Wes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93961624@N06/11003020953

Thanks man. I'm glad you like it. You're correct on the yeast. That one is definitely on my list to brew again.

DisturbdChemist said:
If you do not want any of those I'm happy to take some off your hands ;).

I don't know. I might just drink all of these tonight. ;)

mcbaumannerb said:
Looks like New Glarus Serendipity ... and I'm hoping Magnifico is easier to drink with age since I was given a 2nd bottle.

Yeah, I'm interested in what you think bc I was not a fan of that either

Decided to start with this.

image-1735893246.jpg

Yes, I know what you're thinking.
"Isn't this the guy that talks crap about DFH? Surely he's being held at gunpoint and is being forced to drink that beer." ;)
It's actually pretty good.

Decided to start with this.

Yes, I know what you're thinking.
"Isn't this the guy that talks crap about DFH? Surely he's being held at gunpoint and is being forced to drink that beer." ;)
It's actually pretty good.

The "minute" beers, WW stout and Burton Baton are all solid brews. It's when he goes nuts with the adjuncts that it gets weird.

ForumRunner_20131122_221334.jpg

Found a restaurant just a few miles away with these on tap. Going soon and need to set up a top 3 or 5 to try. Any suggestions? What's the first 2 I should try?

wobrien said:
My wife's not the only one nursing, I'm finally finishing that second TH growler (with bonus kiddie crap in the BG for Remmy)

Haha!!! That's great.

mcbaumannerb said:
Nightcap ... or not?

More like morningcap!

Latest posts

Back