What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know :pissed: I am

I BIAB and I always get close if not pass my og. Just run through it and see if you missed something.

Hey fuzzy. Here is a growler for you lol

Austin beer garden -big mama red. Red ipa
ForumRunner_20131106_195656.jpg

Drinking some Sailor Jerry and Coke trying to decide if stainless panels or diamond-plate would look better on the walk-in cooler. There will be a viewing window for the brite tanks and taps mounted through the wall.

I've only done BIAB for starter wort, but I've always overshot gravity. Take a look at your process.

Drink one now if you've never had it. Already a year in the bottle.

I would agree...on both points. I do biab and usually am spot on or damn close. Ive learned keeping the grains always moving is key. That was also a lot of grain, maybe needed a bigger pot. As far as the Oerbier if I find any newer ones I will definately drink at least one immediately, still fight to save my 2009's for New Years.

finsfan said:
Drinking a mole stout from ska sent from mhurst111. This is an interesting beer to say the least haha its not bad by any means but I have never experienced something this complex. You can taste the chocolate and peppers pretty clearly but then there is a hint of cinnamon spice on the back end. Glad I got the opportunity to try this, thanks again Mike!

Interesting is the best thing I can say about that beer also. Not bad, but not good at the same time. Complex is an understatement...

I BIAB and I always get close if not pass my og. Just run through it and see if you missed something.

Yay! Join in the growler fun buddy! Lol
Speaking of, just poured another New Holland Ichibod Pumpkin w/ nutmeg.

Great beer and it's made all the better by the fact that I haven't had it in probably about six months. I love FSW for putting a bottling date on their beer. I almost picked up a Double Jack that was on the shelf, but it was bottled in January of this year. No thanks! I wish package store owners understood a little about how different beers age.

20131106_211800 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

I thought BIAB would be easier. Now I'm scared to try it.

Delicious!

Drinking HB Amber and realizing that turning to a terrible friend is worse than not having a friend to turn to. :(
Don't be scared I fooked up is all.

Ya I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is I'm just upset it will still be beer :)
I would agree...on both points. I do biab and usually am spot on or damn close. Ive learned keeping the grains always moving is key. That was also a lot of grain, maybe needed a bigger pot. As far as the Oerbier if I find any newer ones I will definately drink at least one immediately, still fight to save my 2009's for New Years.

Yup that's the problem I need a bigger pot I wasn't able to get all the sugars out of the grain I should of know better because the grains didn't look as wet as the should of been oh well I added a pound of DME it will help but it won't be as high ABV. still beer right?

ForumRunner_20131106_213207.jpg

Having a hot scotchy!

Lots of fluids - not beer' woke up w/ a 102.7 fever from some viral infection based on my sore joints. 5 days of A Z pack of antibiotics I hope will knock it out.

nukebrewer said:
Great beer and it's made all the better by the fact that I haven't had it in probably about six months. I love FSW for putting a bottling date on their beer. I almost picked up a Double Jack that was on the shelf, but it was bottled in January of this year. No thanks! I wish package store owners understood a little about how different beers age. http://www.flickr.com/photos/93961624@N06/10718150025/ 20131106_211800 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

When I was at 2 Roads earlier I was gonna take home a sixer of road 2 ruin and I checked the bottle date on random bottles of the bail able 5 six-packs. All said Sept. 13. I even told the bartender "are you kidding me?" They didn't have anything fresher than that in bottles. What a joke.

Still not in my store:(, Asked today said any day:)
First pull on a new keg of IIPA.

Finally showed up at my Wegmans, so you should see it soon.

I ain't reading through 11 pages...

having my last Bark Bite IPA. won't be buying this one again.

Wuss!

HB Pumpkin Spice. Definitely even better after it has sat for over a month. Patience is key though I have given away more than I have drank so they got the "young" bottles. :D

About to get my $5 footlong on. :ban:

Patience is a necessity! And footlo...nevermind.

Holy fooooooking sheet I'm done making beer until I have the fooooooking right god damn equipment og was supposed to be 1.085 and it was 1.040 ****ing bull**** might as well dump it down the fooooooking drain :mad: :mad: I ****ing hate BIAB :mad :mad fooooooking super
:mad:

Sorry man - definitely sounds like you need a bigger pot. When I was doing BIAB I had an 8 gallon pot and still has to do two mashes when I did my RIS. What was your OG after you added the DME?

Finally showed up at my Wegmans, so you should see it soon.

Wuss!

Patience is a necessity! And footlo...nevermind.

Sorry man - definitely sounds like you need a bigger pot. When I was doing BIAB I had an 8 gallon pot and still has to do two mashes when I did my RIS. What was your OG after you added the DME?

1.051 still not no where near close but it will still be beer I hope ya it's my own fault. for sure need a bigger pot :smack:

NIZZLE said:
Holy fooooooking sheet I'm done making beer until I have the fooooooking right god damn equipment og was supposed to be 1.085 and it was 1.040 ****ing bull**** might as well dump it down the fooooooking drain :mad: :mad: I ****ing hate BIAB :mad :mad fooooooking super
:mad:

Hope you didnt throw the grain away dude! You can still get a ton more sugar from that grain. Why dont you try saving your first runnings and do the whole process again. .040. + .040 is damn close to that gravity your looking for. Hold
Your first runnings in a bottling bucket then add yiur 2nd and boil. Would you be able to fit all the liquid in your pot after you remove the bag?

When I was at 2 Roads earlier I was gonna take home a sixer of road 2 ruin and I checked the bottle date on random bottles of the bail able 5 six-packs. All said Sept. 13. I even told the bartender "are you kidding me?" They didn't have anything fresher than that in bottles. What a joke.

Holy $hit! That is un-fvcking-sat. I understand that while not ideal, most package store folk don't understand the role freshness plays in some styles, but at the fvcking brewery? Someone should be shot.

*sigh* Another poor representation of DIPA. Feels like I'm drinking a broken record. If only there were a way to tell how old this was then I might not think it was the brewery's fault. Oh wait, there is. There's these things called printers, the same kind that make the labels that you can use to print the bottling date on the label. Fvcking use it, fvckers!

20131106_220000 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Hope you didnt throw the grain away dude! You can still get a ton more sugar from that grain. Why dont you try saving your first runnings and do the whole process again. .040. + .040 is damn close to that gravity your looking for. Hold
Your first runnings in a bottling bucket then add yiur 2nd and boil. Would you be able to fit all the liquid in your pot after you remove the bag?

I still got the grain but I already pitched the yeast the damage is done. where the foook were you an hour ago? :p

Had a tröegs pale ale when I got sworn in to the local vfw but have been dealing with my one year old with a upper respiratory infection breaks my heat he sounds so horrible and the doctors said nothing we can do for it just wait it out

nukebrewer said:
Holy $hit! That is un-fvcking-sat. I understand that while not ideal, most package store folk don't understand the role freshness plays in some styles, but at the fvcking brewery? Someone should be shot. *sigh* Another poor representation of DIPA. Feels like I'm drinking a broken record. If only there were a way to tell how old this was then I might not think it was the brewery's fault. Oh wait, there is. There's these things called printers, the same kind that make the labels that you can use to print the bottling date on the label. Fvcking use it, fvckers! http://www.flickr.com/photos/93961624@N06/10718944983/ 20131106_220000 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

"Bail able" ****ing phone. I meant "available."

I outright asked if they had anything fresher and he said "no." So I didn't buy ****.

nukebrewer said:
Holy $hit! That is un-fvcking-sat. I understand that while not ideal, most package store folk don't understand the role freshness plays in some styles, but at the fvcking brewery? Someone should be shot.

*sigh* Another poor representation of DIPA. Feels like I'm drinking a broken record. If only there were a way to tell how old this was then I might not think it was the brewery's fault. Oh wait, there is. There's these things called printers, the same kind that make the labels that you can use to print the bottling date on the label. Fvcking use it, fvckers!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93961624@N06/10718944983/

My one experience with that was pleasant. Again though i was a few beers in when i had it and i usually tend to enjoy anything i drink when im a few brews in.

/QUOTE]

Amen! I had that this summer and it wasn't great so I don't think it is just an age issue.

Awesome picture!

I'm drinking a Crooked Fence 3 Picket Porter...might have a Lagunitas Brown Shugga' later.

Back