What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nukebrewer said:
This a really good beer from Blue Point. Soft roast and chocolate, a slight acidic sourness from the cherries and a great, sweet medium-full finish.

I grabbed a bottle of that and I'm waiting until I'm in the mood for it lol

Mango Lemon Skeeter Pee and a sample for LHBS owner. After drinking there for awhile heading to New Holland for some food and growlers.

ForumRunner_20130618_145943.jpg

Ostomo517 said:
Mango Lemon Skeeter Pee and a sample for LHBS owner. After drinking there for awhile heading to New Holland for some food and growlers.

Mango sounds good with that. I started my skeeter pee yesterday using the method from the YouTube video you posted the link to.
Do you remember how many days after pitching the yeast it took for yours to get down to 1.050 for the additional nutrients/lemon juice?

Mango sounds good with that. I started my skeeter pee yesterday using the method from the YouTube video you posted the link to.
Do you remember how many days after pitching the yeast it took for yours to get down to 1.050 for the additional nutrients/lemon juice?

4 days. Make sure you aerate with a whip every day till it reaches 1.050

Ostomo517 said:
EC1118 is a beast and the process is a breeze with that video method

Yep, it is pretty simple. I'm sure I'll be putting together another batch in no time once it's done.

20130618_152831_Hagrid.jpg

Pre 30 mile mt bike ride. Beer after for sure.

Apple, kiwi, banana, half a lemon, spinach, and fresh mint, could have pulsed a bit longer, but tasty.

Drinking water ( labatt blue ) but I may have to go get a gallon growler from one of my favorite brewery's (perrin) now that Michigan can sell 128 oz vessels woooohoooo

Lagunitas IPA on tap having dinner across from New Holland after a hell of a session at the LHBS. Skeeter Pee, 2 saisons, 2 melomels.

Just sat down at my local old firehouse-turned-pub. Walking in, I pass a room with a few coolers full of beer. I learn its an attached "bottle shop". So I'm thinking there's going to be a beer list at the table. We sit down, no beer list. So I ask the waitress if there is one. Nope. But she can tell me what's on tap. Ok. I'll bite. What's on tap? Every variant of Budweiser known to man and yuengling, coors, and Guinness. I'm pretty depressed at this point. Then she said, "oh! And southern tier!" My eyes light up. "What kind", I ask. "The original". Oh. Now I'm depressed again. Whatever ill have that. Whatever it is. So I'm drinking an "original" southern tier. Which is an IPA of some sort. So it's a small win on a gamble.

Stone on Stone action. I've never experienced this level of face punching hop aroma. The taste is hop forward to the max with a malt backbone to stand up to it. Sweetness with this one is present but not too sweet in my opinion. Double Crooked Tree was sickeningly sweet to me.

image-1268672705.jpg

Latest posts

Back