What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bottle of my oxidized Strawberry Blonde. Thus far the oxidation has been noticeable but not THAT bad. If they continue tasting like this one did, I'm gonna dump the batch. Might as well have been eating cardboard.

I hate having to work in the evening ... tries to interfere with my beer!

image-91854786.jpg

Two Brothers: Atom Smasher.Not big on octoberfests,this ones bigger/different. Sour/light bourbon notes from french oak founders.I think I actually like it better now though a few months past its best by day.The tart/sour is less noticable and seemed to have rounded out.

Hopefully I can get some fresh Resistance soon-I love that beer.

Hopefully my next beer turns out as good or better than this.:) If I make my red better it will be a pretty awesome beer.Mouthfeel and sessionability(for those who hate the term drinkability) is quite good. As well as a hop profile thats pretty nice. Im pretty pissed off that I couldnt try their pumpkin porter-unchained series before they discontinued it. Waiting... waiting... gone. F!

0214032059.jpg

Fullers ESB. I let my pipeline run dry, now I'm waiting on a couple of batches to finish up (ones going in bottles tomorrow morning).

What kind of hotel do you stay at?! ;)

Why, the Homebrew Inn of course.:cross::p:ban:;):rockin::fro::):confused::hs: Good beer too(racer5),think I better pick some up,its been at least a year I think,may as well hit up some redrocket its been about that long also. Frick. So long I have no idea how or what that beer is anymore. I know I liked it thoughs.

You had a good night lol. That the second brew. The one with all the faces? Is it a mikkeller collab?

It's for all the time I've been too hungover from PtY week to post on HBT, not just one night. It is Mikkeller/ To Øl Walk on water, and it is f'ing incredible. Has a similar hop character to all of the high alcohol "hop forward" Mikkeller beers, but went down like water, a slight hint of alcohol, if anything at times, and at 14%ABV, it was a bad idea to kill two Russian River Growlers in the same evening. Also had some more 3Floyds, and the Risgoop, plus some 21A Hop Crisis, Marooned on Hog Island, and Brew Free or Die. I need to find Mr. O Sullivan and explain how my tasty crack cans were abit on the not so fresh side, and I bought them directly from them. We did find Bear Republic Tartare on draft at the whole foods in Santa Rosa as well, along with a Cantillon framboise.

Drinking an Arrogant Bastard and eating some homemade mac n cheese. rye flour in the roux whirlpool, plus a late addition of cheddar, and a parmesan steep. Now onto the Smoked Porter

IMG_0372.jpg

2nd bottle of citra/Belma/Nelson saison. Forgot we had one earlier. Operation get wife drunk for VD is a success!
Gabe i Just cracked open the first saison from the batch i took ur advise for recipe on... and it's awesome! Did Columbus / citra and it's fabulous ! Aroma is amazing!! :mug:

ForumRunner_20130214_211644.png

Earlier, I took a gravity reading of my latest Ipa. This one is my first really clear beer and i'm very happy about this folks.

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

Back