What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking meats and welcoming the cooler weather

image-1181697075.jpg

Woke up this morning.... I mean afternoon from drinking a lot last night. Anyway I'm drinking FLAT Diablo Rojo from Bone Yard Brewery in Bend, OR. I can't dump it..... right? So hair of the dog.

Just finished a Stone Levitation. For the most part all I got was hop aroma and flavor. That's not a bad thing, but all I could think was SN Torpedo. Cause it was pretty much grapefruit.

Gixxer said:
Just finished a Stone Levitation. For the most part all I got was hop aroma and flavor. That's not a bad thing, but all I could think was SN Torpedo. Cause it was pretty much grapefruit.

They must finally be back in season. I saw them today but was leery they were old. I better get some! Stone nailed the session IPA with this brew long before anyone else even realized their is a demand for it.

I would try the clone but the mash schedule scares the crap out of me.

Good 'ole Honker's Ale from Goose Island. This is a beer that is SO much better on tap than in a bottle. All the hop freshness seems to disipate in the bottle and it turns it just into a "good" beer. On tap, or homebrewed it's excellent. Next beer on my list to brew!

Neighbor had a stroke. He's an older retired guy. So he quit smoking, quit drinking. He doesn't do much now except sit around at home and play the guitar (which is plenty alright in my book). So he came over, needed to borrow my tuner, and asked if I'd mind taking some beer off his hands.

So I'm just having some Bud Light. But hey, it's free beer, so I ain't complaining.

Troegs - Scratch Beer #73 Fest Lager (Their version of Oktoberfest), and my new favorite type of Oktoberfest now.

Stopped by Troeggs Brewery in Hershey, PA on our way home from NYC and took the tour, and picked up some of their beer to go. All of it is very good.

Mikkeller Green Gold.
AMAZING.
About to have a Baltika #9, been awhile since we lost Baltika to the Central Coast, and went to visit my Mor in law, and picked up a bunch. It comes in big plastic bottles, just like their Kvass.

Moved my empties from upstairs to the garage and found two lost bombers!!

So...right now I'm drinking the last known "Soy Problemo Verde" APA. I am the green problem.

One of my kids noted that Amarillo Hops were not yellow, as the name (in Mexispeak) implies, but rather green. He said I had a problem with my hops.....

Comparing my 'Merica IPA (left) to my New Place Pale Ale (right). They're both good, but I like the IPA a little better.

ipa,paleale.jpg

Boulevard Stingo.Pretty good. Followed by my aged Scottish 80 which mine seems to be a similar type because of using the s-33.Seems after aging, that yeast really took over the tone of it. Lot of peppery mandarine/tangerine. Have to say I like them both equally good. Well so far I like how s-33 ages I didnt seem to like it in the earlier stages as much.

Oddly enough, I'm not drinking homebrew right now. All 5 taps are off limits* right now, so I'm drinking Bell's Pale Ale and Bell's Porter.

*I'm carbing 4 of the 5, and saving the rest of the 5th until the end of the month since I'm hosting this month's brew club meeting. Gotta be sure to be stocked and well conditioned/carbonated for the club!

Back