What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tasty Belgian wit
IMG_20240412_171910.jpg

Speaking of Kolsch and glasses, anybody got a line on where I could purchase some Stange glasses? Can’t seem to find any on the ‘Inner Webs’ at the usual sources. It just doesn’t feel right to drink my Kolsch out of a Pilsner or Nonic glass.
There's a William Sonoma outlet near me that has the high end stuff like Spieglau et al that are usually on sale. Sometimes really on sale. I usually go hunting and if it's lower than say Targets glasses I see it as free 😎

I also find that Crate and Barrel/Pottery Barn have their own brand sometimes at a good price. I find the quality pretty good too.

I think I bought a two dozen box of good quality wine glasses for $25 at Crate and Barrel once. Therefore I have no problem if someone breaks one

Speaking of Kolsch and glasses, anybody got a line on where I could purchase some Stange glasses? Can’t seem to find any on the ‘Inner Webs’ at the usual sources. It just doesn’t feel right to drink my Kolsch out of a Pilsner or Nonic glass.
We have Reading China and Glass near us. They sell about every kind of drinking glass you can think of. I even found skull mugs there.

Believe it or not, I also find many good glasses at Goodwill. You never know what they’ll have and it pays to go a few times. You’ll find all kinds of good stuff.

Last edited:

I found these on Amazon. Not cheap, though.

I have one of those glasses somewhere, no idea where right now
A really good dive bar closed a couple of years ago and were selling their glasses for charity. Between $1-2. I think I totalled $30 but gave them $50 and was worth it. A lot of odd European glasses. Pretty much 99% non Mass/fotd glass you see I have is from that sale. I tried not to hoard but a picked up two of those doppelbock and Orvals. Lips are a little worn but I like em

OT: one of the 1%'er from a Xmas gift box.
Treehouse smoked barleywine
PXL_20240413_000109690.jpg
PXL_20240413_000122711.jpg

Last edited:
I saw several (again, not cheap) as well, but I’m looking for plain glasses without logos. I’ve been to a number of breweries in Koln, but I didn’t want to be the ugly American by trying to abscond with one. $50 US for a set is a bit more than I’m willing to shell out for ‘authenticity’ however.

Hilpoltsteiner German Pils
View attachment 846409

The founder, Samuel Hilpoltsteiner
View attachment 846410
Actually, my great grandfather who moved from Germany to the US in the late 1800s. His 2 sons changed the name to Hiller in the 1910s.
Similar heritage and life story, except from further east in the Balkans. I certainly identify with that Pilsner as well! Nice.

Back at Jester King in the Texas Hill Country. SWMBO’d got her Goat Yoga on this morning, I got the Brewery tour (learned a lot about mixed fermentation and open wild fermentation/Belgian style brewing, which is their specialty, though not mine).

Sittin’ here sipping on my jam style, waiting for a food truck double smash burger, listening to a local country band. Good vibe, very good beer.

Attachments

• IMG_2407.jpeg
    IMG_2407.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Back at Jester King in the Texas Hill Country. SWMBO’d got her Goat Yoga on this morning, I got the Brewery tour (learned a lot about mixed fermentation and open wild fermentation/Belgian style brewing, which is their specialty, though not mine).

Sittin’ here sipping on my jam style, waiting for a food truck double smash burger, listening to a local country band. Good vibe, very good beer.
Great venue out there. Right about now at sunset is beautiful. I live about 8min away but enjoying the backyard for now.

PXL_20240414_004817510.PORTRAIT.jpg

Back