What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB brown
IMG_20240409_164733.jpg

Aha, a lefty I see. I golfed today also. Scramble. Didn’t make the $.
I've been in meetings where I'll tell someone that I know they like golf. They're shocked. Then I'll say. I know you're a lefty. We've been getting an insane amount of late rain/snow and low temps. Looks like we've turned the corner after the eclipse!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

Celebrating eclipse day, vicariously. Watched it on TV. They went from TX to AR to Indy, Cleveland, Niagara Falls, etc.

It was overcast here, had 74% occlusion, not that we could see it. Made it kind of dark for a while, like just before a thunderstorm. Birds acting crazy, we had 2 of them slamming into our windows. Luckily they both were ok after a few minutes.

Next total solar will be Aug 2044, mainly in Montana. Hey, @grampamark, we'll be heading your way in 20 years to watch the eclipse and sample some of your homebrew. ;)

Having a HB Mott's hard cider.

View attachment 846077
In 20 years I’ll be 93 and you’ll be 85. Maybe someone can show us a picture of an eclipse and tell us we had a really good time. 😎 🌗 🌘 🌑

Whew, 10 pages of what others have been drinking, accomplished! Moved Dad from MO to Reno, NV, in approximately 9 days. No time to stop and taste on the way (or read HBT), unfortunately; had one tasty IPA at Altitude in Laramie, WY. Not what I had planned for a 2,000 mile trip, but as a mission of mercy, it was successful. Looking forward to tasting and brewing some good stuff in the next few weeks.

In 20 years I’ll be 93 and you’ll be 85. Maybe someone can show us a picture of an eclipse and tell us we had a really good time. 😎 🌗 🌘 🌑
Sorry to disappoint..2045.. it'll be my 78th birthday gift though! And if I allow my wife to have her way, new way that is, it'll go right over us.

Quad leftovers..

Screenshot_20240409-170846.png
PXL_20240410_011931620.PORTRAIT.jpg

Delicious - makes me want to brew it. And its the kind worth brewing because its like $17 for a 4 pack. They call it an old ale but it has all the numbers and ingredients to be an English Barleywine too.

View attachment 846206
I really like this beer. Have some in the vault to see how they age. Would like to brew one, too. Anyone have a recipe?

Delicious - makes me want to brew it. And its the kind worth brewing because its like $17 for a 4 pack. They call it an old ale but it has all the numbers and ingredients to be an English Barleywine too.

View attachment 846206
It's an infuriating pair of styles where the more you actually learn about them the less you seem know about them. ;)

Whew, 10 pages of what others have been drinking, accomplished! Moved Dad from MO to Reno, NV, in approximately 9 days. No time to stop and taste on the way (or read HBT), unfortunately; had one tasty IPA at Altitude in Laramie, WY. Not what I had planned for a 2,000 mile trip, but as a mission of mercy, it was successful. Looking forward to tasting and brewing some good stuff in the next few weeks.
I hope you enjoyed the drive. I enjoyed the hell out of my two coast-to-coast drives during the past few months (aside from Tennessee--fix your potholes!), but it would've been amazing to have had the opportunity to do it with my father. I especially hope you enjoyed the drive in N. Nevada. It's a gorgeous place, but I'm biased--that's where my family made landfall in the US.

Had the opportunity for a mid-week brewing session and that afforded me my first-ever chance to check on a cold dry hopped beer at 20hrs. Typically, I let them go for 48hrs and I'm glad I checked. I've never aimed to make a juicy beer before, but this has it going on in spades. My first sip prompted me to say, "#*$@, I've made a juicy beer. Wow!" May as well seize the serendipity and keg something well off the beaten track.

Here it is in all its mucky glory....
361C3D42-2EF5-452F-AE5A-D4E7A833A281.jpeg

Last edited:
Some gnarly dregs off the bottom of the fermenter from the first batch of Panther Piss that I've made since I've returned home.

Quite a day in the brewery today! It started much like any other, then I got word that there would be no work today. Whoohoo, free brew day! I quickly wrote up and then started brewing a blonde that I've been thinking about for a while, then realized that I could keg not one, but two, batches. One in the fermenter and two in the kegs on a day that I was expecting to be the normal slog.

More days like this, please!
51906458-7106-46A4-B372-A30FB5D081F3.jpeg

Back