What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cigar City Margarita Gose. Lime, salt, fairly tart.
IMG_20240328_174627050.jpg

Last keg of the K-97 series; batch #189, brewed 10/1/23

10 gallons

10 # bestmalz pils,
5 # Viking Sahti blend
2.5 # Briess rye malt
1# briess flaked corn..

IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0447.JPG

1.2 OZ N brewer, First wort.
1.2 OZ Spatz, 30 min boil

K-97 yeast cake from last batch, fermented at 59F, stored cold until served.

Yesterday, my wife took me for my 65th birthday lunch to a little BBQ joint north of town that we hadn't been to since before the pandemic. Sorry, no pics, as I left my phone in the car. :confused: Awesome Texas style brisket with Andouille sausage and tots. She had a pulled chicken flatbread. Good tap beer selection.

After that, we went to Forgotten Star for a pint of their new ESB.

20240328_132033.jpg

Yesterday, my wife took me for my 65th birthday lunch to a little BBQ joint north of town that we hadn't been to since before the pandemic. Sorry, no pics, as I left my phone in the car. :confused: Awesome Texas style brisket with Andouille sausage and tots. She had a pulled chicken flatbread. Good tap beer selection.

View attachment 845293
Happy birthday, young man! We both have March birthdays. I turned 73 on the 6th.

View attachment 845293
A day late, but....Happy Birthday!!

IMG_4433.jpeg
Barrel Aged Welcome to the Jungle.

Untappd’s Description:
We took our wild wheat ale and aged it in an assortment of Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, and Sauvignon Blanc barrels for over 17 months before blending them together and bottle conditioning them for an extended time prior to the release.
Barrel Aged Welcome To The Jungle pours a golden straw yellow with aromatic aromas of lemon, delicate pineapple, and crisp apple.
Flavors of bright lemon peel, soft tropical fruit, kiwi, pie spice, and grassy fields come together with an incredibly #balancedacidity and crisp effervescent finish. This beer is a treat for beer and wine lovers alike and would pair perfectly with hangs with friends and family or a good meal.

And a glass of that no-name 80/20 pils/Munich lager I made. S-189 really excels at this sorta beer. It certainly achieves crispness, but leaves the lager just a bit round before dropping like a stone. Like the Fullers strain, 34/70, and the vast Chico family, it's an idiot-proof strain. Ideal for me. Normally, I switch over to 34/70 around this time of year, but I'm really enjoying this pitch of 189 and thinking about running it into the summer. After all, my winter brewing only started in mid-January and this is only the 2nd gen pitch. I think I'll ride this one until June.

Seeing as it's Friday, I broke out the Willi Becher.
5F6D2739-0B5D-41C4-9CC9-1CF308439348.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 845309Barrel Aged Welcome to the Jungle.

Untappd’s Description:
We took our wild wheat ale and aged it in an assortment of Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, and Sauvignon Blanc barrels for over 17 months before blending them together and bottle conditioning them for an extended time prior to the release.
Barrel Aged Welcome To The Jungle pours a golden straw yellow with aromatic aromas of lemon, delicate pineapple, and crisp apple.
Flavors of bright lemon peel, soft tropical fruit, kiwi, pie spice, and grassy fields come together with an incredibly #balancedacidity and crisp effervescent finish. This beer is a treat for beer and wine lovers alike and would pair perfectly with hangs with friends and family or a good meal.
That really is quite pretty.

#$(*%&*$, now I'm going to have to start wax dipping my cornies.

@Rish I've had Goats Vanilla Porter before it's very nice. It inspired me to do a coffee vanilla porter that is coming up in April. My intention is to replicate a porter that has had coffee Liqueur added in the glass. It makes an incredible drink. But I want to make it as a brew without adding the alcohol. It may take a few tries but I enjoy a challenge.

Lagunitas Beast of Both Worlds with quesadillas and salad.
FBC84B8D-B2D2-43C8-9FB7-8694D8F7A843.jpeg

I’ve got about three of these creations left and still haven’t decided what to think about them. Not really a WCIPA, not really a NEIPA, not nearly as clear as they imply that it is, and too sweet, to my palate at least, for a kinda/sorta hoppy beer, and too high an ABV to be a session beer. The best I can come up with is that it’s the answer to a question that nobody asked. 😎

Lagunitas Beast of Both Worlds with quesadillas and salad.
View attachment 845328
I’ve got about three of these creations left and still haven’t decided what to think about them. Not really a WCIPA, not really a NEIPA, not nearly as clear as they imply that it is, and too sweet, to my palate at least, for a kinda/sorta hoppy beer, and too high an ABV to be a session beer. The best I can come up with is that it’s the answer to a question that nobody asked. 😎
Maybe a yeast malfunction disguised as a new product? I know a lot of breweries are trying to get off the White Labs wagon...

Just guessing.

Back