What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PXL_20240319_010458131.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240319_015537431.PORTRAIT.jpg

A wee dram to relax this evening. It's not the 15, but it's still velvety smooth.
A friend and coworker from Ireland brought me a bottle of the 12 year because it’s his favorite. I’ve come to enjoy it myself but you’re making me want to seek out the 15 year now. 😬

IMG_4335.jpeg
IMG_4337.jpeg
IMG_4338.jpeg

Found some Veil locally which rarely happens and one I have had before. So I had to get it. Then some 🔥🔥🔥 Spyglass from @TheDudeLebowski
This was straight oranges especially as it warmed.

The 15 year runs around $120, the 12 is about half that. I've only had the 15 in a whiskey bar, and it's very smooth. The 12 stands up well and is a good value.

Green Spot is another Irish whiskey worth seeking out.
True true true. The Green Spot leads you on another path. The Redbreast has a ton of different cask variants which with 12 years is very very y interesting divergent

I meant to post this shortly after taking the picture, but while dropping likes before I posted my latest contribution to this thread, I noticed that I had a PM...that wasn't about the contents of my wallet? Interesting...

Some poor, misguided brewer mentioned that he was interested in my Panther Piss project and mentioned that he'd been trying to follow it across many years and, likely, hundreds of threads and could I please offer a concise description of my findings.

The poor bastard.

I filled him in, alright. Wrote him a book, I did. I feel sorry for the poor SOB, nobody deserves to be treated like that.

Anyway, my 80% Bestmaltz pils, 20% Munich lager at 1.050 that I kegged last week. Still not sure what style this is, but it's a good, crushable spring lager.
F125FFB9-FDD4-4BE3-B6B7-BA533A713165.jpeg

Last edited:
I meant to post this shortly after taking the picture, but while dropping likes before I posted my latest contribution to this thread, I noticed that I had a PM...that wasn't about the contents of my wallet? Interesting...

Some poor, misguided brewer mentioned that he was interested in my Panther Piss project and mentioned that he'd been trying to follow it across many years and, likely, hundreds of threads and could I please offer a concise description of my findings.

The poor bastard.

I filled him in, alright. Wrote him a book, I did. I feel sorry for the poor SOB, nobody deserves to be treated like that.

Anyway, my 80% Bestmaltz pils, 20% Munich lager at 1.050 that I kegged last week. Still not sure what style this is, but it's a good, crushable spring lager.
View attachment 844486

The Panther Piss looks pretty good, your self-deprecation notwithstanding. ;)
Have you posted it in the HBT recipe section? I'm looking for a summer lawnmower beer to brew.

The plumber hit something at 60ft and 80ft. I had no shot at doing this my$elf. When he pulled back the snake there was no grease, only hair? 🤔 Anyway back to a fully functioning house. However, while taking grandson to school using wife's jeep all the lights went wild. Ended up being a dead battery. Ergo things start early. Also preparing to take the nerve block out of wife soon. Hope that goes well..

PXL_20240319_171732108.jpg

My red ale is finally ready to be enjoyed. This is from an old recipe that I let go pro back in 1995. But just for kicks I kicked it up a tad. I added some caramel 60 this time and dry hopped it with a half ounce each of Cascade and Williamettes. Wow what a beer. I'm not sure what category it fits into but this turned out surprisingly delicious. It looks deep red in good light.
IMG_20240320_165435255.jpg

My red ale is finally ready to be enjoyed. This is from an old recipe that I let go pro back in 1995. But just for kicks I kicked it up a tad. I added some caramel 60 this time and dry hopped it with a half ounce each of Cascade and Williamettes. Wow what a beer. I'm not sure what category it fits into but this turned out surprisingly delicious. It looks deep red in good light.
View attachment 844603

A local brewery has a main stay Imperial Red IPA. It was a favorite for many years. I could even get a 5gal keg of it for $70 pre COVID. There's a place for them.

Latest posts

Back