What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hb strong bitter on hand pull, big pour. Horrible pic.
20240314_183035.jpg

That looks great. One serious issue with the beer brewed in France is the lack of interest in dark beers, even by the Brits who brew over here. There is one, Pelforth Brune, that I drink(had a couple yesterday while mowing the lawn), and it used to be available on tap at almost any bar, but no longer.

That looks great. One serious issue with the beer brewed in France is the lack of interest in dark beers, even by the Brits who brew over here. There is one, Pelforth Brune, that I drink(had a couple yesterday while mowing the lawn), and it used to be available on tap at almost any bar, but no longer.
Had a rep from New Belgium talk at a club meeting, and he said the reason the fat tire recipe was changed is because ambers have become less popular. On the other hand a small local brewery just released an amber and so far it’s very popular. Cheers!

I've never seen one of these in the wild before (pictures only) so was really excited to find it. Anticipation, thinking lots of maltiness, maybe toffee, some sweet. All I get is a ton of hop bitterness. Completely overwhelmed my palate and couldn't detect anything else. Very disappointing to me but I'm sure many folks think it's great. Into the vault to check one each year to see if it gets better with age.
IMG_20240315_173825.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen one of these in the wild before (pictures only) so was really excited to find it. Anticipation, thinking lots of maltiness, maybe toffee, some sweet. All I get is a ton of hop bitterness. Completely overwhelmed my palate and couldn't detect anything else. Very disappointing to me but I'm sure many folks think it's great. Into the vault to check one each year to see if it gets better with age.
View attachment 844187
Yeah, definitely age it for a few years.

Yeah, definitely age it for a few years.
Completely agree. I call it a West coast barleywine. Three years will tone that down completely. There's a local brewery here Spyglass that did a really good bw. It's like young Bigfoot but with a lot more maltiness I'd give anything for their recipe :) I got a couple that I'm aging too

View attachment 844187
I always drink one fresh and sit on the rest. Like others have said give it a couple of years and it will be a completely different beer.
Cheers!

See now you got me interested. There's a packy that sells flights. Maybe you'll get lucky around you They do Bigfoot but I have a flight of Dragons Milk just sitting in the cellar and heading over for a dinner tomorrow. I've never had Dragons Milk. Winter is coming.

The other good thing is their flights are actually cheaper than the newer batches🤔

OT: not much of a Laph guy but reminds me of my old golf buddy who enjoyed it after a good old cold round. Love this anniversary batch
PXL_20240316_032630901.jpg

Last edited:
Back