What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure wish I had one of those ! I have not been able to have any alcohol for 2 months with this medication I'm on for nerve pain. Man I've looked at that Sam Adams winter case several times but had to pass. I only want the old Fezz anyway ! 😂. Maybe next year. Wife wouldn't even let me make my Xmas Porter. Maybe in Feb. Merry Christmas fellow brewers !
Merry Christmas to you and healing of the nerve issue.
I’m not drinking today either. Will cook the holiday dinner sometime this week. Minor GI issues felt crappy for about 18 hours.

IMG_3544.jpeg

Trying out some Buffalo Trace for the first time. Pretty good. Will have some HB later.
View attachment 837516
Buffalo Trace is very hit or miss finding it here in PA. We have state run liquor stores. Our liquor store gets their deliveries on Thursdays and you check then. If they get any they only get a few bottles. They put them behind the register and you’re only allowed to buy one. I’ve managed to get a couple.

Buffalo Trace has been hard to come by. But not as hard as some others. I have not seen a bottle of Blantons for sale in 2 years. Weller, a couple others.

Last edited:
Buffalo Trace is very hit or miss finding it here in PA. We have state run liquor stores. Our liquor store gets their deliveries on Thursdays and you check then. If they get any they only get a few bottles. They put them behind the register and you’re only allowed to buy one. I’ve managed to get a couple.

Buffalo Trace has been hard to come by. But not as hard as some others. I have not seen a bottle of Blantons for sale in 2 years. Weller, a couple others.
Thats wild. My wife ordered it online. She wasn’t able to find it in Boise’s liquor stores. I’m liking it so far.

Thats wild. My wife ordered it online. She wasn’t able to find it in Boise’s liquor stores. I’m liking it so far.
There is no online ordering liquor, beer, or wine in PA - unless you order from the PA liquor store website online and have it delivered to your liquor store and pick it up there.

The laws here have gotten somewhat better over the years but PA liquor laws have been absolutely brutal. We get beer in one store, the local beer distributor, and we buy wine and hard alcohol in another store. Over the past few years they have begun to sell beer and wine in some supermarkets but not all of them. And those all have a seperate register where you have to pay for beer or wine, and you’re lmited the total number of ounces you can buy.

There is no online ordering liquor, beer, or wine in PA - unless you order from the PA liquor store website online and have it delivered to your liquor store and pick it up there.

The laws here have gotten somewhat better over the years but PA liquor laws have been absolutely brutal. We get beer in one store, the local beer distributor, and we buy wine and hard alcohol in another store. Over the past few years they have begun to sell beer and wine in some supermarkets but not all of them. And those all have a seperate register where you have to pay for beer or wine, and you’re lmited the total number of ounces you can buy.
Holy cow, sounds quite restrictive! I thought Idaho was bad for only allowing liquor to be sold at liquor stores. I have my military retiree card so I can buy at the Base Exchange in Boise on Gowen Field. Sometimes I can get stuff there I can’t find in our local liquor stores. Hmm…maybe we should pick up distilling. 🤔

I live in the middle of bourbon country. You’d think prices would be cheaper. There are a few only sold here. My all time favorite was Henry McKenna 10. Used to buy it for $38, now is $125. I haven’t seen Blanton's either. Weller is here for a second mortgage. I’ll keep buying Wild Turkey 101 for $35.

Just finished bottling 2 batches and relaxing while my washed gear is drying.

Had to try the hydro sample of the Mott's juice hard cider. It finished fairly dry, at 1.000. I pitched S-04; otherwise, with wine yeast, it goes into the .990s.

20231227_150417.jpg

Then popped open a crowler of Austrian holiday lager from Forgotten Star.

20231227_150305.jpg

Back