What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a Paulanar's octoberfest. although it is very good, i think Schells version out does it for me. Summit as has a very great octoberfest as well. Lienenkugel's is pretty good lighter profile than others.

have yet to try Sam Adams they seem to vary from year to year.

my favorite time of year with malt richness choices.

I’m drinking one of my daughter’s favorite styles this evening, Kölsch. Actually, while we do have Kölsch here in the US, it is a protected name in the EU I read, having to be brewed in and around Cologne. Früh Kölsch is a delicious beer, brewed since 1904 Cölner Hofbräu Früh, Cologne Germany.

Taste is crisp and clean like a lager, however Kölsch starts life as an ale. It is then cold lagered like any other lager beer, giving it many lager-like characteristics. I’m picking up a miniscule amount of fruitiness on the front end, gone by gulp #3. Clean and crisp, lemony-yellow color, 1516 Reinheitsgebot beer purity law compliant, medium carbonation, nice amount of head and fantastic lacing. At 4.8% ABV, you can knock back a few of these without bothering the neighbors.

This beer reminds me of a lot of low IBU Helles lagers I’ve had the honor of guzzling. Too bad I can’t guzzle this beer, because it comes in these pitiful and inadequate little 11.2 ounce sampler baby bottles. C’mon, WE IS BEER DRINKERS!!! You might as well sell this with a rubber nipple on the end, I can down this thing in 3 gulps!!!!! 500 ml minimum, PLEASE!!! Otherwise fantastic! Go buy some Früh Kölsch, you will be impressed!

IMG_5350.jpeg
IMG_5352.jpeg

IMG_2288.jpeg
2010 Dark Lord bottle tonight with my good friend & neighbor. He got promoted at work and we celebrated with this tonight.
Thank you to another good friend who gave me this bottle as a thank you for bringing back some Russian River beer this summer for him.
WOW this stout held up so well!!

HB Neipa. Citra Simcoe Cascade with Strata added into the DH. Maybe too many hops, but wanted to try something different 🍻View attachment 830123

Thanks! It has a little more bitterness/bite than I was going for, but the flavor/mouthfeel is great. I think I prefer a max of 3 hops in this style. Usually just 1 or

Thanks! It has a little more bitterness/bite than I was going for, but the flavor/mouthfeel is great. I think I prefer a max of 3 hops in this style. Usually just 1 or 2.
Did you add hops during the mash, boil, or just dry hopped?

I’m drinking one of my daughter’s favorite styles this evening, Kölsch. Actually, while we do have Kölsch here in the US, it is a protected name in the EU I read, having to be brewed in and around Cologne. Früh Kölsch is a delicious beer, brewed since 1904 Cölner Hofbräu Früh, Cologne Germany.

Taste is crisp and clean like a lager, however Kölsch starts life as an ale. It is then cold lagered like any other lager beer, giving it many lager-like characteristics. I’m picking up a miniscule amount of fruitiness on the front end, gone by gulp #3. Clean and crisp, lemony-yellow color, 1516 Reinheitsgebot beer purity law compliant, medium carbonation, nice amount of head and fantastic lacing. At 4.8% ABV, you can knock back a few of these without bothering the neighbors.

This beer reminds me of a lot of low IBU Helles lagers I’ve had the honor of guzzling. Too bad I can’t guzzle this beer, because it comes in these pitiful and inadequate little 11.2 ounce sampler baby bottles. C’mon, WE IS BEER DRINKERS!!! You might as well sell this with a rubber nipple on the end, I can down this thing in 3 gulps!!!!! 500 ml minimum, PLEASE!!! Otherwise fantastic! Go buy some Früh Kölsch, you will be impressed!

View attachment 830291View attachment 830292
Thanks for showing that picture! I'm really surprised by how dark it is and it's a huge relief to me because the Kolsch that I brewed this spring with 1lb of dark Munich tasted fantastic but, to my mind, was too dark. Mine was much lighter than that.

Thanks to you, I have a new locked recipe!

Thank you. :bigmug:

Now that I've passed a bunch of tests, I decided that I could take a small glass and fly 3/4 of the way around the world. I skipped the Ordinary bitter.

Helles
F25DCFCB-5B20-4C21-86C2-473FC991B06E.jpeg

Panther Piss Super Dry
2872E0F9-BEBC-4377-AC91-842B3B780008.jpeg

And brown porter in a small pils glass because it’s my brewery and it’s damned pretty.
CAE4C2DD-EC6B-468F-90FE-25765D8537FD.jpeg

I really need to put some gas on the lagers, that's some sorry head.

Fizzy yellow liquid ... :ghostly:
As someone that has dedicated nearly four years to the perfection of fizzy yellow swill, I assure you it's all about drinking what you like.

Relax and enjoy that swill, sir!

Let me tell you, it takes some doing to do it right.

I will talk smack about that style all day, but you'll never hear me running down the brewers that can actually brew it.

That's a handy bit of brewing, sir. My hat is off to you.

Drop dead gorgeous.
Thank you.
That beer is a bit of a challenge. I enjoy it as well as the lagers I brew

Train beer from yesterday. Hey @Dude Lebowski I found them down here finally
Nice! They expanded dist once they created the new barn. It use to be one of those unique experiences when you had to visit the old barn. Ratty door and you may fall thru the old flooring waiting to order.

The new barn looks really nice tho. A nice trade off plus expanded dist.

Back