What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White Ferrari from The Veil. After two trips to the brewery, think I had half a case of this one. Like, its really good. But, citra & galaxy. How hard is that.

IMG_0953.jpeg

Blasphemy! Wickles are pickles and pepper relishes (which my wife loves) made by a company in Dadeville, AL. So odd when I saw it I had to try it.This Hi-Wire sour is brewed with Wickles pickle brine, pineapple and jalapenos. Actually, pretty tasty; a little pickle, a little jalapeno heat. 5% abv. A good lawnmower beer, imo.View attachment 830042
I entered a Schwarzbier in the Rocky Mountain Homebrew Challenge a couple years ago. I got a first place in my category and that sent me to the Best of Show round. The winner of the Best of Show got to have their recipe brewed and served on tap at Dry Dock Brewing’s taproom for a month. I got a second place behind a pickle beer… I was so disappointed.

14 lbs of apples which my wife turned into 6 pies.
Many years ago I worked for a bakery company named Chef Pierre based in Traverse City, MI. Had product line called "High Pie" with a big pile of fruit filling. I think your wife's pies would fit that description! Sounds delicious.

I love a beer that you can wrap two hands around and pivot mouthwards on your elbows. Finally, I found a use for this desk!

When I bought this hefty Quart-sized 805, I was thinking that it would fit my favorite Bierkrug, but I forgot the demarcation point is at 1-Liter – 33.8 ounces to us Yanks. What the heck, I need to buy TWO quarts to fill up!

805 is a modern-day classic from Firestone-Walker and needs no introduction. A delicious golden ale with Santa Barbara, err, I mean Paso Robles written all over it. 4.7% ABV, an easy drinking ale for just about any occasion, steaks, seafood, romance to fist fights. I’m there! Since 2012, where have you been all my life!

IMG_5346.jpeg

017B4FFB-5DBA-43FB-872B-D3D2A7CA64D8.jpeg

In a shamefully dirty glass, but at least it’s my own “leftovers”. I recently saw a restaurant post a picture of a pumpkin ale in a dirty glass with who knows what sugar spice crap encrusting the top inch under the rim yet not on the rim like it was delectable.
IMG_2199.jpeg

Last edited:
Passed another mile post on the kidney donation front today. Stuff just got real. For real for real. A sweaty glass of Panther Piss Super Dry while I contemplate leaving my life in the Mid-Atlantic and going back to Oregon for two, maybe three months. Nobody’s really sure.

Not sure how I’m going to pull this off, but it’s going to happen. I’ll be a lot happier when I have a solid plan in place. Unfortunately, I’m dealing with the US healthcare system and its refusal to give straightforward answers, so it’s as much guesswork as anything else at this point.

The US healthcare system is the special layer of hell reserved for control freaks. 🤣

E57D93A6-4FBB-4054-9347-7334862865BE.jpeg

Last edited:
I love a beer that you can wrap two hands around and pivot mouthwards on your elbows.

I don't know if this forum supports sigs. If it does, I would strongly suggest making the above sentence your sig. With that sentence, you have earned that right. It is one of the most profound sentences I've ever read in my life and I salute you for having penned it.

It is a very, very good sig, sir. Use it.

Passed another mile post on the kidney donation front today. Stuff just got real. For real for real. A sweaty glass of Panther Piss Super Dry while I contemplate leaving my life in the Mid-Atlantic and going back to Oregon for two, maybe three months. Nobody’s really sure.

Not sure how I’m going to pull this off, but it’s going to happen. I’ll be a lot happier when I have a solid plan in place. Unfortunately, I’m dealing with the US healthcare system and its refusal to give straightforward answers, so it’s as much guesswork as anything else at this point.

The US healthcare system is the special layer of hell reserved for control freaks. 🤣

View attachment 830121
You are certainly correct about those insurance companies and their penchant for not supplying clear answers, indeed get it all in writing. I would hope the American Kidney Foundation can help make this happen for your sibling’s sake. They were a huge help for a cousin of mine years ago. Enjoy your clear beer from a clean glass! Cheers!

View attachment 830121

Yep, I call our healthcare system "assembly-line medicine." Get on the conveyor belt, be seen by various assemblers: doctors, nurses, techs, bean counters, etc. Hopefully when you roll off the line you'll be OK.

Seriously, I'm thinking good thoughts that you will get the care you need and a viable transplant will be in your very near future.

We need you around here with all your parts intact. :)

Yep, I call our healthcare system "assembly-line medicine." Get on the conveyor belt, be seen by various assemblers: doctors, nurses, techs, bean counters, etc. Hopefully when you roll off the line you'll be OK.

Seriously, I'm thinking good thoughts that you will get the care you need and a viable transplant will be in your very near future.

We need you around here with all your parts intact. :)
Thanks for the kind words!

For the record, I'm the donor. Oddly enough, my sister on her dialysis machine is allowed to drink more than I am which we both agree really doesn't seem fair! ;)

You are certainly correct about those insurance companies and their penchant for not supplying clear answers, indeed get it all in writing. I would hope the American Kidney Foundation can help make this happen for your sibling’s sake. They were a huge help for a cousin of mine years ago. Enjoy your clear beer from a clean glass! Cheers!
The odd thing about this process is that I have yet to deal with the American Kidney Foundation. They're paying for all the tests and lab work, but the only people I've spoken with have been my sister's hospital. They're great people and they obviously care about what they do, but every conversation is devalued by their inability to let me know when the next step will happen. They have no agency, stuff just sorta happens when it happens--and that's okay with them, because that's how it happens because that's how it happens.

As someone that very much operates in the real world, I've been a member of four start-up businesses and I've spent long stints at two Fortune 100 companies, this confuses me. Time matters! Things need to be done at a defined standard of quality within a prescribed timeline. That concept is lost on the US healthcare system. Stuff happens when it happens, check your online dashboard, we'll call you when we learn more.

In the US, we like to say that private healthcare works best because it operates under the stresses of the private sector and therefore provides the best customer experience.

As a businessman, I can assure you, that's a lie.

Edit: Sorry about that, needed to blow off some steam.

Thanks for the kind words!

For the record, I'm the donor. Oddly enough, my sister on her dialysis machine is allowed to drink more than I am which we both agree really doesn't seem fair! ;)
Sorry, thought it was the other way around.

This is the finest gift you can give to her. I hope they can cut some red tape and you can do this soon!

Last edited:
The odd thing about this process is that I have yet to deal with the American Kidney Foundation. They're paying for all the tests and lab work, but the only people I've spoken with have been my sister's hospital. They're great people and they obviously care about what they do, but every conversation is devalued by their inability to let me know when the next step will happen. They have no agency, stuff just sorta happens when it happens--and that's okay with them, because that's how it happens because that's how it happens.

As someone that very much operates in the real world, I've been a member of four start-up businesses and I've spent long stints at two Fortune 100 companies, this confuses me. Time matters! Things need to be done at a defined standard of quality within a prescribed timeline. That concept is lost on the US healthcare system. Stuff happens when it happens, check your online dashboard, we'll call you when we learn more.

In the US, we like to say that private healthcare works best because it operates under the stresses of the private sector and therefore provides the best customer experience.

As a businessman, I can assure you, that's a lie.

Edit: Sorry about that, needed to blow off some steam.
Frustrating indeed. Now my aim here is not to defend the system, but to remind ourselves that the big variable for timing is Mother Nature and what condition our conditions are in. They don’t want to rush into the surgery until they can be reasonably sure success is eminent. Of course is really does make planning harder for you! File it under things we cannot control. Be well.
It’s morning, today I’m drinking green tea. Photo not needed.

Back