What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I’m festing with a couple old pals from Weihenstephaner, the world’s oldest brewery, since 1040. Our Teutonic brethren know how to keep their heritage alive in these breweries, something I wish we could appreciate here in Murica, especially as we watch the West Coast’s oldest brewery Anchor stumble and fall. So sad.

I have to say, I’m continuously impressed with everything that comes out of Weihenstephaner. Probably more than anything of the other 50 or so breweries rolling around my cranium, Weihenstephaner is always good, always to style, and perfection. Their Helles is a great example, malty, hoppiness restrained, has a little of that grape ester going on from the sauergut I’m guessing. Perfect carbonation, decent head, these folks know their beer. I mean BIER! Prost!

IMG_4773.jpeg

Still holding down the fort, this time with my 2019 Home Brew Flanders Red. Hard to believe I still have these shorties still around, but with all the other good brew passing through my fridge, sometimes you have to force yourself to deplete.

Hey hey, all this heat we’re suffering through makes a great excuse for breaking out the sours!

IMG_4775.jpeg

Been hanging on the Oregon coast. Pelican Brewing, Newport Brewing, Rouge Taphouse and original Rogue Brewery. Pelican again, Fort George, Breakside Astoria and of course our favorite bottle shop with good friends in Astoria - Bridge and Tunnel.

Finally home.

HB Kiwi Pale. Last glass … keg blew in next pour …
:mug:

Attachments

• IMG_1413.jpeg
    IMG_1413.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Caught up on work. Night cap HB NW Pale while finishing up.

:mug:
What is that board? Looks interesting....

So think the heat got to me. Passed out about 8pm yet woke up at 11:30. I'm hoping a couple of these will help me sleep again and including an earlier one on the evening. Not too concerned. Only have a 1day work week then vacation watching the kiddos while wife is off to Oregon visiting the middle boy. Temps there are something we've haven't seen in 3 months, mid-60s....well good for frickin her! 🤣

PXL_20230726_061645545.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230726_083757896.jpg
PXL_20230726_011239667.PORTRAIT.jpg

Batching tonight. My wife went to the zoo with our daughter and her boys for a “kids fun day” program. My grandson went to look at a small SUV. He’s thinking something a little more economical than his 18 yo, 250K mile F-150 might be worth considering. HB Amber Ale with some grilled chicken and a salad.
BFFA3AB7-3203-48EF-9A2B-C6150E1A2295.jpeg

Back