What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished St. Arnolds Divine Reserve #10 that was released today. It's a bog English Barleywine. Pretty good, but going to let it cellar for a year or so, maybe until they release #11.

I had a Trader Joe's Mission Street Pale Ale, then one of my English IPA's, then my buddy killed the english IPA keg, so I switched to the American IPA, and then he killed that keg too, so I switch to the local brewery's Scotch Ale that I have a keg of. It's been a long night.

Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere wet hop ale - this is really good. It reminds me of Victory Yakima Twilight Ale

Kind brewery pale ale, Kind brewery Belgian red, Thomas River Red ale, & Thomas River pilsner... all out of Spartanberg SC. 2 different brewerys sharing a brewery space.

I prefer the taste of the Kind brewery beers but they are higher ABV. the Thomas river is good, and lower abv so I can have more out in the bar. Kind forces me home earlier!

I read SC I thought it meant San Clemente. Until I read the location. I thought they had some new beers at pizza port. O well

Hammered. Celebration Ale is good this year. 30th Anniversary Sierra Nevada Party 11/15 in Chico. Yes!!!!

Is the party open to the public? Or is there a door charge...I'd like to make it to that.

Last of the Amber...Went threw 5 gallons way to fast. Tomorrow I will most likely brew 10 gallons.

Drinking my morning cola right now, but I had a Widmer Octo last night. Nice, malty, easy drinking.

Sierra 30th Grand Cru. Really good, tasting some barrel aging over here!!! I'm prob gonna buy at least a case of this stuff. Best of the series IMO.

-Aaron

very nice and hoppy APA

7d88c301-e701-49d9-9138-da05d3c8d5ab_568x424r0.jpg

tastys APA recipe with a considerable percentage of pilsner malt

Sam Adams Chocolate Bock. I am not a huge fan of Sam Adams, but I do usually buy the winter variety pack for the Fezziwig ale, and this year they put the chocolate bock in there. What a nice surprise, its Rich, Malty, and Chocolately without being sweet. Its very well done. I am happy there is another beer in the winter variety pack thats good :) and I don't have to spend $14 for a bomber to try the chocolate bock this year.

Fullers 1845. Just a great beer. Period! Excellent malt and ester character. At 6%, it might be hard to drink a lot of these (at least for me!), but just a fulfilling brew. Listening to the "how to brew" podcast to see if it can be cloned. I am guessing they don't do it well.

and

My Graphene IPA. Working on the recipe all the time. Needs more bitterness. I don't have a way to store hops, so my recipes use all the ounces I get from the IHBS (internet homebrew store? :) ). I moved the hops to late in the boil but it robbed me of my IBUs. It's three weeks in the bottle carbonated and room temp. I like the hop profile, lots of cascade. Just missing the bitterness and some body. I might start calling it my Graphene Pale Ale because their just is not enough hoppiness to justify the name.

Back