What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB mead… what was left in the auto-syphon.
6BDB7698-6706-465E-8721-15CBF01C525C.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg
IMG_2830.jpeg
These last night from @TheDudeLebowski. They both were amazing but damn, the Riddle was just perfect for a NEIPA in my opinion.
@ThirstyPawsHB @buckinin & @TheDudeLebowski Im not sure either but that’s what they told me and didn’t have any glasses for sale in their “gift shop” area. They sent me home with this glass with their name printed on the back. Either way I still look at it all as good beer karma.

This week I took a walk on the Dark side, first with Warsteiner Dunkel, next up my favorite Schwarzbier, Köstritzer, since 1543, a beer I’ve brewed clones of. Delicious! After chugging this Dark, I’m in better “spirits,” I’ve seen the light!

Köstritzer is actually slightly lighter in color than yesterday’s Dunkel and lacks the roasted Barley which produced my perceived roasted coffee notes yesterday. It is a smooth and easy drinking brew, SUPER easy and clean, I believe a lot of Schwarzbiers actually start out with a large portion of Pilsner malt in the grist.

At 4.8% ABV, this beer is perfection and no wonder it is Germany’s #1 Schwarzbier. Malty, dark but not heavy, slight amount of head and minimal lacing. This brew actually shows walnut and mahogany highlights through the pint glass. You can chug this 500 ml can in one pass. Das ist gutes Bier!

IMG_5825.jpeg

This week I took a walk on the Dark side, first with Warsteiner Dunkel, next up my favorite Schwarzbier, Köstritzer, since 1543, a beer I’ve brewed clones of. Delicious! After chugging this Dark, I’m in better “spirits,” I’ve seen the light!

Köstritzer is actually slightly lighter in color than yesterday’s Dunkel and lacks the roasted Barley which produced my perceived roasted coffee notes yesterday. It is a smooth and easy drinking brew, SUPER easy and clean, I believe a lot of Schwarzbiers actually start out with a large portion of Pilsner malt in the grist.

At 4.8% ABV, this beer is perfection and no wonder it is Germany’s #1 Schwarzbier. Malty, dark but not heavy, slight amount of head and minimal lacing. This brew actually shows walnut and mahogany highlights through the pint glass. You can chug this 500 ml can in one pass. Das ist gutes Bier!

View attachment 833595
I love that beer.
OT:
HB NEIPA
This keg has got to be close to blowing foam
IMG_1521.jpeg

Back