What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying an 8.0% Creature Comforts Trop Haze DIPA after a long brew day. Nothing better (forgive my sh*tty lighting).

Attachments

• 401E2FEF-0B6F-45AD-908B-47C0B6074818.jpeg
    401E2FEF-0B6F-45AD-908B-47C0B6074818.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Whewph! Going down like water tonight. We have a grocery / liquor store chain in Western Canada called Co-Op, and they have some great local representation in their beer stores. One of those is called Eighty-Eight Brewing, and they did a collaboration Hazy DIPA called Final Countdown, only sold in the Co-Op stores. Local collabs seem to be a thing here in Cowtown. :rock:

It's a big beer at 8.5%, super hoppy, but very smooth. Bit of sour skunk from the hops, silky mouthfeel, then...some biscuit...? Overall a great DIPA. Cheers Co-Op! :yes:

Final_Countdown.jpg

Can't get hurt with SA Boston Lager.
Good, but I definitely prefer the Boston Ale. Guess I need to see if I can brew one!
View attachment 809831
I've approached the managers/owners of two local restaurants that serve good food but have a horrible beer selection with the following proposal: I point out that for me, your beer list will inhibit me from coming here more often. I remind them that there may be more people with my mindset. Then I made what I thought was my no lose proposal. Order one case of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and one case of Sam Adam's Boston Lager. I'll come back in a month a buy every bottle of those two cases you haven't sold.
The manager of the Asian Fusion place pretty much paid me no mind; they were serving Japanese beers and that was that.
The owner of the Italian place started arguing with me. "I'm not going to do that. I'm not turning this place into an Irish pub." ??? All I wanted was a choice. A choice aside from Bud, Coors Light, Peroni, Heineken and one other European lager that I can't remember.
Haven't been to either since.

Back