What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB honey porter. Hail State!!!!
B0790FC9-A6D8-4866-851A-4F2CA8E02640.jpeg

Now at 23 years old, the blueberry aroma and flavour pops! Mead just keeps getting better with age.

View attachment 792603
Made with honey from my own hives, and wild blueberries that I personally picked.
Whoa! I'm old. That thing was bottled 1 year before I bought a house one town over. Good news is there a couple of meaderies still around and winning medals. I think it's called HoneyBound I just visited. They have a black Friday sale going on but I think they do the other liq apps. The Red Bamboo is really good.

OT: one of many Treehouses to self medicate watching Pats game. Curiousity 127
IMG_20221124_203442.jpg

Now at 23 years old, the blueberry aroma and flavour pops! Mead just keeps getting better with age.

View attachment 792603
Made with honey from my own hives, and wild blueberries that I personally picked.

I hope that we get enough honey next year to make some mead (it's our first year with the bees), and I'll suffer through picking huckleberries in the woods again. It's very time consuming.

Very nice looking mead 👍

Having fun visiting sister in laws on my pleasant. Charles towne fermentory still one of my favs but I do think their processes changed with IPAs, those are just “fine” all with similar slight hop bite these days. Used to not be that way though. Thinking dry hopping processes changed over the years. Neverltheless these two beers are still my favs from them: dark Czech lager and an altbier. Also BA churned 2022 was awesome and I was surprised because it has coconut but I barely detected it.

16B7C99A-0730-4B25-A3E4-0785BEAB4EA4.jpeg
19AD4C2E-6FC1-4938-B66B-057887C7F3D2.jpeg

Back