What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another great beer from @CrookedLaker
F83B3AFB-C7A3-4CD8-855F-52C3F76A203B.jpeg

An English-ish strong bitter that I brewed 10 days ago. Bottle conditioned. I know I'm rushing it, but it tastes pretty good already. I pitched kveik yeast at about 85 degrees and it was finished fermenting in about 2 days. The 4th day, I transferred from the bucket to a carboy to clear, but I had some leftover so I bottled it. There's a lot of yeast sediment in those bottles but they are carbonated and clear so I chilled one. It's not bad at all! (but I'm not all that familiar with the style so I don't have anything to compare) I only chilled it in the fridge for an hour so it's not overly cold.

I used American pale ale malt, some dark Munich, homemade dark invert syrup, and a bunch of caramel wheat malt (10%) to make up for the over-attenuative yeast I'd be using. And Golding hops. I can taste what I think is the syrup; it's not sweet of course, it's actually a little bitter.

I'd post a picture but I just finished it *burp*

Back