What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Point the Way IPA

Golden Road Brewing

image-2235863522.jpg

image-253936267.jpg

This beer is meh at best. I really wish I didn't spend $11 on a 4-pack of "ok" beer. The tall boy cans had me hooked. Damn you marketing geniuses!!

First time having a Wee Heavy. I had some Oskar Blues Old Chub. I REALLY like that beer. I need to try my hand at a scotch ale next.

I do like some Resin. It's still the only thing I've tried from Sixpoint.

Anchor Steam earlier at a very fancy Greek restaurant downtown (out to dinner with the wife, her sister, and her sister's husband). Now a bottle of my Mild, after getting a couple yeast starters going.

A bottle of my Smoked Chocolate Porter. This is definitely past it's prime as I knew it would be.

image-2658950618.jpg

FW DBA. I'm an unabashed hophead...but this brew has reminded me how tasty well-treated malt can be.

nukebrewer said:
IPA + God of War = Fun!

This one's courtesy of LoloMT7 and it's pretty good. A little maltier than you might expect from an IPA which I feel kind of mutes the hop character, but still very good.

With the lighting the way it is in my living room I had to use a wide aperture to get a fast enough shutter speed for a sharp picture (hence the bokeh), so it might take a keen eye to tell that's GoW, but I wouldn't lie. :)

Nuke, that is a beautiful flower arrangement as well lol. All joking aside and I know someone asked b4 what kind of camera you using because still pro quality pic. Nice job keep em coming.

libeerty said:
I'm curious what makes it past its prime? I would think a beer like that would stay in its prime for awhile, no?

Some of the flavors have faded and it no longer tastes the way I intended it to. It's not bad, just not what it was previously.

Saw this at my local beer distributor yesterday, couldn't pass it up at $15 for a case, and interesting sounding style: "midnight wheat, chocolate malt, chili, and spices" (prompting the slogan in my mind: "End of the World Ale -- this is all that's left to make beer")

Had never heard of midnight wheat, but I gather it's some kind of roasted wheat product ?

It's a really interesting brew, and although just 6% it's definitely a sipper, the flavors are quite heavy and complex. The chocolate malt and chili powder bite on your tongue are really slow to develop.

I suspect that it's not flying off the shelves though, maybe that's why the low price. Or end of season thing, it's not a summer beer.

Saw this at my local beer distributor yesterday, couldn't pass it up at $15 for a case, and interesting sounding style: "midnight wheat, chocolate malt, chili, and spices" (prompting the slogan in my mind: "End of the World Ale -- this is all that's left to make beer")

Had never heard of midnight wheat, but I gather it's some kind of roasted wheat product ?

It's a really interesting brew, and although just 6% it's definitely a sipper, the flavors are quite heavy and complex. The chocolate malt and chili powder bite on your tongue are really slow to develop.

I suspect that it's not flying off the shelves though, maybe that's why the low price. Or end of season thing, it's not a summer beer.

Was not very impressed with it but then again it is Shock Top. Bad example of a midnight wheat beer, as it is pretty non existent in the flavor or color.
Anywho, starting with HB Bloody Beer and some basketball!

Just got down to Florida for a little vacation and this is what my dad had left for me in the fridge. Can't get these in minny! Guava Grove is a delicious beer to drink in the heat. Love it

IMAGE_427603B3-4637-43A0-82EB-02D7F1DDE24D.jpg

Just cracked the first of my initial batch of 2013! I made a porter and today is 2 weeks from bottling day.

I am very happy with this beer! Strong malt flavor up front with good mouthfeel/body. A mild-moderate bitterness that fades slowly to a pleasant creamy aftertaste. It does not yet have a good head or lacework but hope that gets better.

Yay, beer!!!

image-2981545056.jpg

Chocolate Apple Stout we brewed in November 2011. Found a few cases in the back of the closet last night. Totally forgot about it.

It's incredible, if you like whiskey barrel aged stuff. Although I have no clue where that flavor came from, nothing even close was involved.

Just finished a 24 honey brown lager from Dundee. Got an ice beer hangin in the fridge. I've got 6-7 bottles of my last batch savin for my B-day in 8 days.

Back