What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking my American Amber...this one came out great!
IMG_20130321_213855.jpg

Damn yall, I'm a sippin some mighty intrestin' portahs.

:ban:

First I drank a Cisco Brewery "Moor Porter"
Then I moved up to a Ballast Point Brewery "Black Marlin Porter"
and best for last
Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter for the win! Why does the last beer always taste the best? I guess I'm just lucky!

p_800_600_341B6D55-C0E1-4CE1-85D0-EFEAB01FE938.jpeg

:ban:

Just had a 3F Gumballhead.

Now having a Founders Centennial IPA. Very floral and good IPA.

Next: 3F Dreadnaught bomber. Been waiting to try this for quite some time!

Karbach Brewing Co. Hellfighter Imperial Porter
Released: March/April

OG: 23.5 Plato (1.099)

IBU: 85

ABV: 9.8%

Malts: Pale, Carafoam, Munich, Dark Crystal, Chocolate and Black Patent

Package: 22oz bottles, Draft

image-3598972028.jpg

Ostomo517 said:
Got one in the fridge now! What are you getting flavorwise?

This batch tastes a lot different from the first one I had about 2 years ago. I think my palate has changed as well. It's an interesting balance between beer, wine, and mead without any single one taking the stage. Saffron is much more evident than the last time. The honey is subtle, I guess it tastes like desert wine flavored beer. There is some very light Belgian funk. If they could have gotten it a little drier it wouldn't bother me, it's a very sweet beer.

Texas will be a power house in beer soon. 11 is the endeavour now and one of my favorite DIPAs behind rodeo clown for Texas IPAs. Where are you now?

I am in phoenixville, pa (Philly suburbs). I am planning a trip back to TX during memorial day. Can't wait.

Also, there is a growler shop opening up in Alamo heights, which is 1 mile from where I'd be staying in San Antonio. Awesome.

A thread about the misconceptions on what "single malt whiskey" means would be refreshingly interesting

It probably would be and needs to be in the debate forum lol. Who's going to post first....

I am in phoenixville, pa (Philly suburbs). I am planning a trip back to TX during memorial day. Can't wait.

Also, there is a growler shop opening up in Alamo heights, which is 1 mile from where I'd be staying in San Antonio. Awesome.

Cool man. If you want to trade some time let me know. I got a few Dr 13 I can trade as well as some Texas rarities if you don't pick them up when your down here. Two growlers store open in Houston and are awesome. It sucks for me because they are not close by :(

Karbach Brewing Co. Hellfighter Imperial Porter
Released: March/April

OG: 23.5 Plato (1.099)

IBU: 85

ABV: 9.8%

Malts: Pale, Carafoam, Munich, Dark Crystal, Chocolate and Black Patent

Package: 22oz bottles, Draft

I got two of those in the cellar. Picked them up Monday. Love that beer and the bourbon barrel age is even better. Love karbach.

DisturbdChemist said:
I got two of those in the cellar. Picked them up Monday. Love that beer and the bourbon barrel age is even better. Love karbach.

Karbach is one of my favs. Can't wait for the good old fashion barn burner saison event this Saturday at the brewery.

Karbach is one of my favs. Can't wait for the good old fashion barn burner saison event this Saturday at the brewery.

I'm going to miss that one. I need to go to a karbach party soon. I'm going to sherwood renaissance on 290. I'm going to sneak into Austin for bit before hand.

Hmmm, the wife just went to the store to get stamps. She returns, walks into the kitchen, and I hear moving around. Next I hear a "crack" of a can. Wtf?? Then she walks out and hands me a Guinness. Nice! Now I am double fisting with my Dreadnaught and a Guinness.

Seeing as we are leaving for Ireland in about 14 hours, I think its fitting haha. She handed it to me and said "Time to start our vacation!". Nice!!! Cheers!! Keeper for sure. :ban:

Is it odd to bring a 12 pack of you own home brew with you to a meeting?...lol
I can't imagine having to drink any store bought beer.

A great beer courtesy of LoloMT7. Nice and dank hoppiness, strong maltiness and some residual sweetness. Montana's a luck state to have this. Thanks, Lolo!

For sure bitterroot is top notch around here. If anyone is ever in the area i would love to meet up at bitterroot brewing and I'll buy the beer. The catch is you gotta come to Montana :D

Those Olivia are awesome! Nizzle you will be pleased. Anyone know when the saison version becomes available?

Back