What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the few gose beers I've liked.
20191215_204138.jpeg

Yep, it’s a CA beer I got from Tavour. It just reminded me of the Evansville brewery that’s now out of business.

If you want their others, I can collect them for you. They're on the pricier side though.

Any recommendations on breweries and beers in the San Jose area? Got a buddy travelling out there for work.

Style preferences?

The Rare Barrel in Berkeley, Alvarado Street Brewery in Salinas, Elkhorn Brewing Company in Watsonville, and ... other small, obscure places.

If you want their others, I can collect them for you. They're on the pricier side though.

Style preferences?

The Rare Barrel in Berkeley, Alvarado Street Brewery in Salinas, Elkhorn Brewing Company in Watsonville, and ... other small, obscure places.
He is more the west coast. Not into funk and haze. I told him to look for Henhouse. He like RR IPAs. He does like Sip of Sunshine and Heady here. So centered around DIPAs

Adjustments.JPG

This variant of KBS has finally hit the shelves her in Western NY so I grabbed a 4-pack. Tossed one in the fridge and the other three in the basement.
Later in the day we came home from a family Christmas party and found a small box on the front step. To my surprise it says it was from Founders Brewing Company. In the box this glass and sticker! Didn’t order it and don’t recall entering any drawings or contests. So it was a nice little surprise!

View attachment 657154
This variant of KBS has finally hit the shelves her in Western NY so I grabbed a 4-pack. Tossed one in the fridge and the other three in the basement.
Later in the day we came home from a family Christmas party and found a small box on the front step. To my surprise it says it was from Founders Brewing Company. In the box this glass and sticker! Didn’t order it and don’t recall entering any drawings or contests. So it was a nice little surprise!

Are you a cadre member?? I have received some of their release announcements they sometimes send before something pops up on social

HB Strata IPA
IMG_7487.JPG

Are you a cadre member?? I have received some of their release announcements they sometimes send before something pops up on social

No I am not a cadre member. The only thing I can think of, it has to do with something regarding their news letter or something like that I signed up for.
Since I bought the KBS earlier and already had a bottle chilling, I should put the glass to good use.

Clandestina Xa' Madre IPA (no direct translation...sorta like Yo' Mama!, but used as an exclamation when something is really good or surprising)

If you like one dimensional hop bombs, then this aint the beer for you. Definately a hops forward flavor profile, but not just overpowering hops bitterness...you get a lot of other hops characteristics too...there is a lot going on in this beer, yet its still nicely balanced.

20191216_170016.jpg

Xa' Madre!!!

Clandestina Xa' Madre IPA (no direct translation...sorta like Yo' Mama!, but used as an exclamation when something is really good or surprising)

If you like one dimensional hop bombs, then this aint the beer for you. Definately a hops forward flavor profile, but not just overpowering hops bitterness...you get a lot of other hops characteristics too...there is a lot going on in this beer, yet its still nicely balanced.

View attachment 657244

Xa' Madre!!!
Never heard of em but must be a solid brewery...

I miss ww, hard to find my east coast favs out west. However, there is just so much out there that it really doesn't matter that much...whoever it was that said the craft beer bubble would burst probably said that led zeppelin would be a bust too....cheers to all the lead balloons that flew anyways!

I miss ww, hard to find my east coast favs out west. However, there is just so much out there that it really doesn't matter that much...whoever it was that said the craft beer bubble would burst probably said that led zeppelin would be a bust too....cheers to all the lead balloons that flew anyways!

That was Keith Moon of The Who who told Jimmy Page his band would go over like a lead balloon.

On topic:
2AFF98C9-8AE0-4661-AE49-2F012FEF9B42.jpeg

Latest posts

Back