What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deception stout. Full pound of lactose. 2 months in keg and starting to “get right”. Very creamy.
IMG_1453.JPG

Good. I remember a recent job in Georgia where we had to drive down to Jacksonville FL every weekend for a decent beer.
Johannesburg will be a long drive!
Next time you're in Georgia, if you are near ATL, go to Decatur and find ALE YEAH liquor and beer warehouse. Everything you could ever want!

Yeah, we were in Brunswick, which did have a beer store that was very surprisingly well stocked, but we had a few favorite brewpubs in Jacksonville. So we used the store bought during the week, but went to Jacksonville on the weekends. JAX BBQ hotspots also figured in our weekend plans!

Yeah, we were in Brunswick, which did have a beer store that was very surprisingly well stocked, but we had a few favorite brewpubs in Jacksonville. So we used the store bought during the week, but went to Jacksonville on the weekends. JAX BBQ hotspots also figured in our weekend plans!
I lived in Jacksonville for 5 years near Orange Park mall. Loved Jax NAS. Then went through a Pretty hard hurricane and that was that!

Love Tributary Brewing. Picked up 4 bottles of the anniversary Grand Cru strong ale. They were doing the Mott The Lessor release but I overheard one of Tod's college buddies that was stocking the fridge about how great the Cru was. I asked him about the mix fermentation about whether you could cellar it. He got excited then said let me get the guy who made the recipe. Talking over their barleywine and MTL for 15 minutes then with a room of about 600 people Tod Mott comes over and gives his personal views on his and others beers for a while that always ends with a cheers with his MTL.

Every year he makes the rounds and I swear personally talks and has a great time with everyone. Also witnessed him drop a glass of MTL as he he yelled it's ok I made the beer.

To Todd! Cheers!
IMG_20191028_182525.jpeg

Love Tributary Brewing. Picked up 4 bottles of the anniversary Grand Cru strong ale. They were doing the Mott The Lessor release but I overheard one of Tod's college buddies that was stocking the fridge about how great the Cru was. I asked him about the mix fermentation about whether you could cellar it. He got excited then said let me get the guy who made the recipe. Talking over their barleywine and MTL for 15 minutes then with a room of about 600 people Tod Mott comes over and gives his personal views on his and others beers for a while that always ends with a cheers with his MTL.

Every year he makes the rounds and I swear personally talks and has a great time with everyone. Also witnessed him drop a glass of MTL as he he yelled it's ok I made the beer.

To Todd! Cheers!View attachment 650229

You’re making me drool.

I give you props, I cant get passed the smokiness of that style. I've tried the real deal on tap in Bamberg and just couldn't do it

You prolly need food to go with it.... greasy pork, a char grilled steak, or some hibachi and/or spicy stir fry. Then there's just something smoked. Brisket, pulled pork, sausage, chicken or some fish. Appetizers smoked cheese or sausage. Hard boiled eggs .... I could keep going.

The thing with smoke beer, it's like hoppy beer once you get bitten, you can't get enough.

However your pallet gets wrecked. After a few you almost can't detect it. I made this with 10lbs of malt, half of it was my own smoked rauch malt. So my beer is really smokey, but a fresh smoke. This beechwood malt was only a week old when I used it. It basically smoked pale malt. But the smoking and subsequent kilning makes like a Light Munich Rauchmalt.

Latest posts

Back