What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now this is good beer :D thanks mcbaum

ForumRunner_20130309_204503.png

All Karbach this weekend. Had Sympathy for the lager and hopidillo after moving. Another long day tomorrow...and more beer!

I've been sitting on this for two months. It was time.

View attachment 106483

I just got a bottle of that on a trade and I had specifically asked for it. Saving it and hiding it from myself is going to be extremely hard. As much as I dig a great IPA there are a few things that beat it in my book.... Imperial Red, Imperial saison, and any Tripel on the menu !! It's going to be hard to keep my hands off of the bottle I have. I hope you enjoyed it :mug:

Wurzburger hofbrau- classic German pils and good. Yeay.. were losing an hour tonight.:smack::smack::smack:

Wow, those are some blurry pictures I posted earlier. Still winning this thread tonight.

WesleyS said:
You know what's usually not smart? Starting the night with a 15.31% ABV beer. You know what's also not smart? Following said beer with a 10.4% ABV beer. But I don't care.
Keeping the Avery train rolling with this awesome Imperial IPA.

That maharaja is delicious! Shared a boot of it with some friends on my B-day.

nukebrewer said:
Sebago Boathouse Brown. Quite nice. Malty, some hop flavor, solid bitterness, but just a hint of oxidation that drops it a point or so for me.

Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge: No introduction necessary

Sebago is ok, I think the brown is their best. Maine has some great brews tho outside the shipyard conglomerate.

On another note, I went to Manchester wine and liquors to see if the had Gandhi bot. They got 4 cases in this week, and the last of it sold hour 2 hours before I got there. So close!

LoloMT7 said:
Great a little old now and has lost most hop character I only have a couple of bottles left myself... it won 2nd place in a comp at its prime tho. did i send you any other homebrews?

Yeah, you sent me the saison with the Citra dry hop bottled on 1/31/13, that just made it into the fridge today

image-2413947427.jpg

It has been standing room only in there lately (4 kegs will be bottled this week for a wedding next weekend).

image-3348631141.jpg

My Arrogant Bastard clone that came out kind of weak, hop wise.

image-4280073281.jpg

After adding 3oz of Chinook to the keg, it is finally delicious (it is, by far, the ugliest beer that I have ever seen, Nordy's "grapefruit juice" is a close second though).

LoloMT7 said:
I hear that my fridge is packed too.

It's getting there, wait until you need more than 3 kegs, that top shelf will disappear. I don't see that Cigar City 750ml I sent you, did you already drink it? That Ten Fidy will knock your socks off, looking forward to your thoughts on that one as well.

Yeah, it is going incredibly with the jalapeño popper grilled cheese I made. I'm definitely going to be getting more of it somehow.

You by chance didn't get the idea for the jalapeno popper grilled cheese from the Brethren, did ya? I posted that thread a few weeks ago...:rockin:

It's getting there, wait until you need more than 3 kegs, that top shelf will disappear. I don't see that Cigar City 750ml I sent you, did you already drink it? That Ten Fidy will knock your socks off, looking forward to your thoughts on that one as well.

The 750ml are all back behind the kegs

On another note, I went to Manchester wine and liquors to see if the had Gandhi bot. They got 4 cases in this week, and the last of it sold hour 2 hours before I got there. So close!

Man, that sucks. I'm lucky I live in a small town where no one knows the greatness of the Gandhi-bot. The flip side, though, is that we sometimes get big releases after everyone else or sometimes not at all.

Gixxer said:
You by chance didn't get the idea for the jalapeno popper grilled cheese from the Brethren, did ya? I posted that thread a few weeks ago...:rockin:

I didn't. I used to use punchfork a lot but they are about to close. It was one of the top rated recipes on there. Yours is very similar and included bacon which sounds amazing! I'll definitely try them again your way. As for what I'm drinking, some intelligentsia out of the French Press. I would prefer to be having it in some bourbon county but it'll do.

I've been wanting to try the jalapeno popper grilled cheese at that place in Lakewood,OH called Melt & grilled. They have all kinds of fancy grilled cheese sandwhiches & many craft beers to wash it down. Man vs food & Triple D have both been there,so expect to wait.
Otherwise,I like to make poppers with fresh jalapenos from the flea market with amish smoked cheese & wrapped in Hungarian smoked bacon in the bbq pit. A good APA goes well with them imo.

The picture looks like the result of drinking too much beer. ;)

Is was during drinking too much beer lol. Plus the connection was horrible out there and guess it didnt upload properly haha.

It was fun. They hada lot of special and guest beers also. They had New Glaus- Spotted Cow :ban: It was good and various hatchet ages on boubron chips, cherries, raspberries. Its always worth the money to me and will post pick later today. Planning to brew a Golden sour today also. As I'm sick as a dog:(

DisturbdChemist said:
Is was during drinking too much beer lol. Plus the connection was horrible out there and guess it didnt upload properly haha.

It was fun. They hada lot of special and guest beers also. They had New Glaus- Spotted Cow :ban: It was good and various hatchet ages on boubron chips, cherries, raspberries. Its always worth the money to me and will post pick later today. Planning to brew a Golden sour today also. As I'm sick as a dog:(

Somebody get the whambulance! Suck it up, drink a beer, and get that sour brewed!

DisturbdChemist said:

I actually did want to go, but sometimes with having a family, I'm not able to go do all the things I'd like......Wait, I mean having a bratty two year old resulting in a grouchy wife is a delight and I want to spend every second I can with them. ;) But maybe I'll make it to next year's.

Somebody get the whambulance! Suck it up, drink a beer, and get that sour brewed!

Oh.. i'm going to suck it up and it will be brewed!!

I actually did want to go, but sometimes with having a family, I'm not able to go do all the things I'd like. But maybe I'll make it to next year's.

true. right now i'm going to as many as i can before i get tired down eventually. Their pro-am is going to be in May. They will announce it soon. I'm going to enter some brews there.

Grav sample from my galaxy white ipa clone attempt. Down to 1.006. Time to dry hop and then bottle with Brett and wine yeast in two weeks.

image-2076367338.jpg

Back